***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Job Title: Operations & Partnerships Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations
Location: Victoria, London
Start date: 2nd March 2020
Salary: £24,000 – £26,000 dependant on experience.
Tickets For Troops is a registered charity which was set up in 2009 to provide members of the British Armed Forces with top event tickets to a variety of sporting, musical and cultural events as a mark of appreciation for the hard work and sacrifices these brave men and women make on the country’s behalf.
We have over 66,000 active members and have distributed over 1.6 million tickets to servicemen and women in the last ten years demonstrating the enormous support our industries have for our troops.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR AND TO DO WHAT?
We’re looking for someone to handle the day-to-day running of the office, overseeing the ticket fulfilment of an average of 120 national events each week with the help of a small team.
You will manage the operations of the charity whilst working to improve the ticket supply we offer our servicemen and women so we need someone who is ready to get stuck in.
The Tickets For Troops team is quite small and therefore you will become very much part of the team. This is a great opportunity to gain invaluable experience and enhance your CV.
- Providing quick and accurate correspondence to clients and ticket donors.
- Working with the TFT team to ensure all ticket donations are successfully allocated and distributed to service personnel on time.
- Conducting event research to build the events list, maximising all opportunities for our members.
- Assisting the Director of Operations with the organisation and fulfilment of fundraising, special TFT events and any other projects or tasks as requested.
- Responsible for managing the Operations Executive and Operations Assistant in fulfilling customer service and community management of all Tickets For Troops social media channels.
- Monitor and maintain office supplies to ensure smooth running of Operations.
1-2 years’ experience in an operations based role.
– Self-starter and extremely proactive
– Strong organisational skills
– Strong ability to priorities workload to meet deadlines
– Personable with the ability to build and maintain working relationships – internal and external
– Very good at working well independently and as part of a team
– Good ability to research and collate information
– Good attention to detail
– Empathic with the vision, values and aims of the charity.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Knowledge of the charitable sector
– Experience in relationship management
– Knowledge and interest of live events industry, sports clubs, gigs, concerts and entertainment events
– Knowledge of the military
How to apply?
Please email your CV and a cover letter (max 1 pages) to email@example.com telling us how you meet the person specification above, what you can bring to the team and most importantly why you would like to work for Tickets For Troops.
Deadline for applications will be 14 February – please note we may review and make contact with potential candidates before the deadline.