X-Forces Enterprise (XFE) is excited to relaunch our popular 3-day training course designed exclusively for Tri-Service Spouses & Partners, of serving personnel, reservists, and veterans, who are looking to explore alternative employment options. Learn new skills and achieve your goals with our online course designed especially for military spouses & partners. Working in the group will benefit your learning experience and will develop valuable enterprise skills. Expand your horizons, build friendships and connections. Empower yourself with education benefits, get all your questions answered, and discover opportunities for you.
The online workshop will be over three dates: 16th November, 22nd November, and 29th November 2023.
We will start at 9:30 each day and finish at 16:30.
Our course offers flexibility towards your and your family, strategically planned for only one day a week over the period of three weeks.
The course content will cover:
• The pros and cons of self-employment
• Understanding what starting a business means for you, your family and your finances
• Attributes of a successful entrepreneur
• Explore what support is available, and how to access it
• Peer-to-peer support & networking opportunities through XFE
• What it is to be a business owner – facts and misconceptions.
• In-depth analysis of the business plan -– to enable individuals to understand their business in context.
• Marketing – market research, understanding the market, competitors, marketing oneself effectively.
• Money and finance -– covered in an accessible, interactive way enabling individuals to understand what to consider and how to apply it and risk mitigation.
• Networking, Connections, Support.
• Legal aspects -– covering various points from intellectual property to legal set-ups for starting a business.
• Sustainability -– including on-going client management and client acquisition, building out and developing a business plan over time.
• Growth and how to manage it – staff recruitment.
Am I eligible?
This course is available for the following individuals (aged over 18):
TRI-SERVICE: SPOUSES // PARTNERS
What our attendees say in 2023?
”I would like to say thank you X-Forces, this course has been so invaluable. I have really enjoyed learning from my peers and giving support to others where I could. I would recommend this course to anyone thinking about becoming self-employed.”
”The fact that I could access this from home, be able to take notes, engage and have such genuine personal feedback and support for me and my business idea has been invaluable. I would recommend this to friends absolutely – I already have! The course helped me to focus on what I actually want to do, and bring out the ‘gold’ in the value I have for future customers, as well as network with others in the same/similar situations regarding business. It has also given me the opportunity to consider points that I will struggle, and given me direction to access help when I need to.”
”So pleased I attended this course. i have found it invaluable and really has given me the confidence to run my own business and given me a much clearer more detailed vision of what I want my business to look like and what direction I want it to go. Could not recommend this course enough. Was really great to meet like minded people and make connections. Even down to doing an online course has given me the confidence to set up zoom meetings with my clients in the future if i cant get to them in person. Over all i have got way more out of this course than expected.”
”I found the course informative and confidence boosting. I am very thankful to have such a course and more resources available to support me as a Navy spouse for free. It has helped to answer questions I have, given me the opportunity to relook and reevaluate my start up business as well as giving me possible new support through the app/business captains/mentoring support.”
”This course enabled me to have much clearer idea of how to start, the direction and tools I need to get there. I really appreciate it being remote as juggling work and family life one in person would have been impossible to make. I have a a cest now to just get it all started. Thank you!”
What do I need for this workshop?
A personal laptop or tablet with webcam and microphone enabled, and a stable broadband connection with at least 2Mbps spare bandwidth and a fixed, quiet environment. Oh, and a pen/notepad next to you in case you want to make any notes! You will be also emailed a wokbook prior to the event.
How do I join the workshop online?
The workshop will be hosted using Webex, and you can join via most browsers, or use the Webex app.
You will be emailed further information one day prior to the workshop, including how to get online & join the virtual workshop for free.
We highly suggest to follow the joining instructions below:
- Please start joining the event at 9:20 AM so we can ensure you have been connected.
- Join event via Webex link provided in email. If the link doesn’t work for any reason, please try joining by inserting Meeting ID and Passcode above.
- Please add your full name, then you will be let in the waiting room, and someone will let you in.
- We highly recommend downloading Webex app to your phone, or laptop desktop prior to the event.
- Please note some MOD / company laptops do not allow to join Webex calls outside of the company due to security measurements. Use your personal device, such as phone, tablet, or laptop instead.
If you are experiencing any technical issues, please X-Forces Event Coordinator via phone number 0121 724 0655 or email email@example.com.
What do I need to do in advance of the course?
You need to sign up to XFE Hub as a member and complete the questionnaire before the training.
What will be the structure of the course?
It will be delivered through a mixture of online resources, virtual instructor lead training sessions, virtual group exercises with peers, literature review, individual remote exercises and individual interim self-paced work.
Is there any support available after the event?
Our workshops are just the start of the support we can offer you. Alternatively, should you feel ready to proceed, we can assign you a dedicated Business Advisor who will help you apply for start-up funding, following which you will be eligible for our 12-monthly mentoring programme. You can also attend our virtual networking events which we host on every other Thursday or business masterclasses which are run twice a month using our sponsors and subject matter experts to provide detailed training.
What if I can no longer attend?
We would respectfully request that, in the unfortunate event that you can no longer join us on the date booked, you give us at least 72 hours warning so that we can ensure these vital spaces are filled. This is especially key during these uncertain times.
For any enquiries, please contact X-Forces Events via phone number 0121 724 0655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.