***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Job Title: COMMUNICATIONS SUPPORT
Reporting To: COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
Contract Type: PART TIME (15 HOURS – MONDAY & TUESDAY)
TEMPORARY (6 MONTHS)
Location: TURN TO STARBOARD, FALMOUTH (OFFICE BASED)
To contribute to the impact of the PR and Media strategy during the Turn to Starboard Round Britain Challenge 2017 by;
- Supporting the Communications Officer in delivery of all media communications.
- Maintaining a media schedule and implementing the public relations strategy.
- Acting alongside the Communications Officer as a primary contact for media enquiries.
- Delivering quality consistently, in all tasks and output.
- To support the Communications Officer in planning and delivering the public relations (PR) and media strategy for the Round Britain Challenge 2017.
- To research, write and issue press releases about the charity and expedition to target media organisations across the UK.
- Assist in the management of content on the Turn to Starboard website and update a wide range of social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.)
- Write and edit in-house newsletters, case studies, articles, leaflets/posters and expedition reports.
- Identify national and regional media opportunities (TV, radio, online, press) and build awareness of the charity, expedition sponsors and partners.
- Use a creative approach utilising graphics, video and photography to deliver key messages in an engaging way.
- Assist the Communications Officer in developing and maintaining a media calendar incorporating outcome and project related communications.
- Identify and prepare welfare case stories suitable for exposure to the wider media, handling any media exposure with compassion, in a sensitive and professional manner.
- Collate, review and analyse all media expedition coverage.
- To ensure all material produced is ‘on-message’ and in accordance with brand guidelines.
- Proof read any articles written by colleagues as required.
- Assist and represent the charity in any media or PR opportunity.
- Utilise cloud based storage systems for ease of document sharing in line with the Turn to Starboard administration practices.
- Experience of working in the communications or public relations sector.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, together with a flexible, helpful and courteous manner with people at all levels.
- The ability to work collaboratively and efficiently with the Communications Officer to deliver the PR and Media strategy.
- Ability to work on own initiative without supervision, and to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- An organised approach to work, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), social media tools, and a website publishing programme (eg WordPress).
- Knowledge of CRM/database systems.
- An understanding or empathy with ex Service and military personnel.
- An interest in the maritime sector.
- A clear and confident communicator, committed to delivering a PR and Media strategy to raise awareness of the expedition and organisation.
- A positive and flexible team player able to respond quickly to changing demands and a range of working cultures.
- A creative and practical problem solver able to identify challenges and create media opportunities.
- A calm, people person able to build rapport and function with patience under pressure.
- A person with integrity and an understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
Closing date: 07 June, 2017 (midnight)
Interview date: Week commencing 12 June, 2017
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
If you feel you have the right background, experience and skill set for the above role, please apply by sending your current CV and supporting statement to our Communications Officer Mark Hardaker by email at email@example.com.
- Turn to Starboard Office: 01326 314262
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: turntostarboard.co.uk.
- Follow Turn to Starboard on Twitter: com/turntostarboard
- Find Turn to Starboard on Facebook: com/turntostarboard
- Or write to us at: Turn to Starboard, Falmouth Marina, North Parade, Falmouth, Cornwall, TR11 2TD
- Turn to Starboard is a Cobseo registered charity using RYA sailing courses to support Armed Forces personnel who have been affected by military operations. We support those who are Serving or Retired and their families.
- We help those retired from the forces and those still serving to get perspective on past events and focus on a successful future.
- Beneficiaries gain tangible experiences, expert training and career-building opportunities including the chance to gain internationally recognised marine qualifications.
- Registered Charity number 1148549
For further information, please call 01326 314262 or email email@example.com.