***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Salary £35,000 (review after 6 months) + Benefits
Closing date: On appointment
***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***Organisation Veterans Aid
This is a new and key appointment at Veterans Aid which was established in 1932 as a direct response to the homelessness caused by poverty and unemployment amongst the ex-service community. The charity’s activities today revolve around helping ex-Servicemen and women in crisis. Specifically, dealing with the varied factors that can contribute to crisis – significantly those leading to homelessness. Veterans Aid is a frontline, operational charity that operates without favour regardless of rank, length of service, age, ethnicity or gender.
To manage and coordinate the fundraising efforts across the organisation, including developing and implementing a fundraising strategy in line with the Charity’s changing needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To manage relationships with a portfolio of existing donors and develop range of new contacts
- To provide strategic leadership and develop innovative fundraising programmes to increase income and profile of the Charity
- To develop and implement practical and sustainable fundraising plan, whilst ensuring effectiveness and efficiency across all fundraising activities, maximising returns on investment
- To research and proactively seek new funding opportunities so income streams can be broadened
- To write grant applications for major donations from trusts, foundations and statutory bodies (five to six figure) to secure funds
- To create fundraising materials required for the fundraising activities
- To provide excellent donor care covering all fundraising activities
- To ensure that all the necessary records and reports are kept up to date on the internal database
- To lead, manage and inspire the fundraising team and encourage other departments to participate in fundraising activities
- To prepare grant reports and updates to donors as and when required
- To organise and support arrangements including external meetings, events, campaigns and conferences for the fundraising activities
- To work under CEO’s instructions and undertake any other task necessary to meet business needs of the Charity
Overview of the role
As Fundraising Manager you will be responsible to the CEO and you will play a key role in shaping the overall fundraising strategy of the Charity to ensure long term sustainability.
You will have excellent management; organisational and interpersonal skills to ensure workloads are managed and prioritised so that deadlines and targets are met.
- A demonstrable track record of securing high level major gifts (five to six figure) from trust and foundations
- A demonstrable knowledge and use of established fundraising techniques, processes, strategies and theories
- Proven experience of leading and implementing fundraising activities for different audience targets
- Strong organisational and administrative skills to manage competing priorities
- Demonstrable understanding of social inclusion issues for people in UK
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel Power Point and Outlook and fundraising databases
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to articulate Charity’s vision clearly, accurately and convincingly
- Tracked and successful experience of communicating with different audiences (from volunteers, colleagues, trustees to high net worth individuals).
- Degree education
- Fundraising qualification (desirable).
Further details of the position can be downloaded from http://maryleboneexecutivesearch.com/jobs/fundraising-manager/
Apply online through the Marylebone Executive Search website (see above) by submitting your CV, along with a personal statement.
For an informal confidential discussion call Keith Ridland on 07775 675891 or 0203 3126 4858
To find out more about Veterans Aid visit www.veterans-aid.net