The Veterans’ Foundation (VF) is looking for a Grants Manager (GM) to work from its Edinburgh office. The purpose of the post of GM is principally to provide a focus within VF for external organisations who seek or who have received grants. This person will link in to the CEO and CFO with the following tasks:
- Advertising VF grants to eligible potential grantees.
- Managing requests for grants on the phone, on paper and online.
- Presenting bids for grants to the CEO and trustees.
- Preparing briefs for the trustees and help in overall preparation and management of trustees’ meetings.
- Conducting post-award follow-up activity and initiating payment of the grants.
- Initiating mutually beneficial PR activity.
- Overseeing grants by managing grant data and payments.
- Reviewing outcomes of use of the grants.
- Liaising with grantees, Cobseo, Veterans Scotland (VS) and others.
- Carrying out other tasks as required within the small VF team.
Ideally, applicants have experience of both the charity sector and the armed forces. Important qualities are a sense of responsibility, eye for detail and being and effective communicator. The appointment might start as a part-time one, but is likely to develop into a shared or full-time job.
Renumeration is subject to negotiation.
People who are interested in this appointment are to get in touch with the VF via firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining how they might suit the job and enclosing a CV.
The post will not start until the New Year.