***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Part Time (3 days p.w) – Offered initially as 6 month contract
£25,000 p.a. (Pro rata)
Based: South Devon.
Veterans Outdoors offers outdoor wellbeing, support and friendship to our veterans and those still serving in our armed forces. Our unique women’s project is growing fast and we need a compassionate, organised and understanding person to help us look after our expanding cohort of beneficiaries. Our ideal candidate will be female and either a veteran or someone about to transition out of the forces.
As women’s lead you’ll be running our Project Artemis, which puts on events and activities exclusively for female veterans. You’ll be devising and running events, working closely with the CEO and the Head of Operations on timetables, budgets and the development of the project. The role may involve occasional weekend working. You’ll be part of our welfare team, playing a crucial role in the triage of our cohort, working to help them understand their needs, signposting where necessary and guiding each veteran to monitor his or her own progress. You’ll often work in outdoor locations with a cohort but there’s also important work to do in monitoring and evaluation, inputting progress data onto the databases required by our funding bodies.
Desirable for this role:
- An understanding of boundaries, safeguarding and other safe, mental health working practices is important. Training may be given.
- An understanding of the mental health and social needs of women veterans.
- An understanding of the challenges of transitioning from the forces into civilian life.
- Experience of working with and mentoring vulnerable adults.
- Good IT skills – and the ability to learn more.
- A love of the outdoors, a thick skin, a sense of humour and the ability to work as part of a team
- A full, clean UK drivers’ licence.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a basic adult safeguarding course and a DBS check. Mental Health First Aid and ASiST training will also be offered.
If you’d like to talk to someone about this role, or to apply, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include a CV and a brief explanation (no more than 2 sides of A4) of why you think you’d be suitable.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 18 February 2022