Casual Contract – £9.50 per hour
28 days holiday
Free meals on duty
Training and development
Responsible for: Delivery of services to Club catering and events
Responsible to: F&B Manager, Deputy F&B Manager, Assistant F&B Manager, F&B Supervisor
As a Food & Beverage Assistant you will be working in all areas of the department, as needed, to deliver an excellent Member and guest experience while working to exceed departmental targets.
- To assist and deliver high customer service to all members and guests as directed by the Food and Beverage Manager or one of their deputies.
- To assist Club Members and their guests in any query they may have about the Club.
- To be familiar with the menu in the Grill and Club Dining i.e. food knowledge & allergies.
- To offer menu recommendations upon request.
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software system (Infodata) and order slips.
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate.
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff if necessary or required.
- Serve food and drink orders.
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area.
- To check Member’s ID card when asked for the bill.
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments.
- To be familiar with the menu in Events and the different types of service provided/offered.
- To provide assistance to managers in the serving of guests during event functions to ensure a positive guest experience.
- To set up event rooms as requested by the supervisor/manager to include glassware, service-ware, linen, etc.
- To attend team briefing to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. large parties, pre-booking).
- To be fully conversant with the EPOS system installed at the Club.
- To liaise and assist in all areas of the F&B Department during peak periods.
- Preparation of F&B outlets ready for service as per HAM folder.
- Service to Members as per HAM folder.
- To inform the necessary individual of any issues that may arise during service to avoid any possible service faults for the Members and their guests.
- To ensure that all areas of the F&B department are clean and tidy.
- To ensure that there is accurate revenue capture in all F&B outlets.
- To ensure that you keep yourself abreast of any departmental or Club changes via the communication methods employed at the Club.
- To work in a professional, courteous manner [towards Members, guests and colleagues] in any of the F&B outlets.
- To ensure that you are fully aware of your start time on any given day.
- To ensure that once you have changed into your work uniform that you clock in via the appropriate method.
- To ensure that once you have finished your shift prior to changing you clock out via the appropriate method.
- Provide excellent customer service to all our Members and guests at all times.
- To attend meetings and training course as required.
- From time to time you will be required to undertake other duties of a similar nature as may be reasonably required by your line manager.
Health & Safety and Environment:
- Adhere to the direction and guidance given in the Club Staff Handbook.
- To follow Health & Safety procedures as per Club policy.
- All staff are required to use energy resources efficiently and sparingly.
- Recycle waste where appropriate and to stop or report any wasteful practices.
- Daily and weekly cleaning schedules are implemented.
- To follow Food Hygiene procedures.
- Comply with local licensing laws.
Previous Experience and Skills:
- Positive attitude.
- Good communication skills including excellent spoken English.
- Commitment to delivering high levels of customer service.
- Excellent grooming standards.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Ability to work on your own or in teams.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous Food & Beverage and/or industry experience.
- Experience with cash handling.
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene Regulations.
Please send CVs to Matthew Horne at firstname.lastname@example.org