***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Location: Gateshead and surrounding areas
Based at WWTW Hub Gateshead, NE8 4DY
Job Type: 12 months fixed term
Employed by Walking With The Wounded
Line Manager: Operational Manager North East
Closing date: 25 February at 1200
Walking With The Wounded (WWTW) supports vulnerable ex-service men and women to independence through sustainable employment. We have four key areas of support; mental health, employment, criminal justice and welfare.
For this role, you would be based at the new WWTW Hub in Gateshead, supporting unemployed veterans who are referred from local veteran supported accommodation providers, veteran support organisations.
The role holder will deliver high quality direct support to individuals and families referred via Walking with The Wounded, Project Nova and other services. Managing existing and possible future risks through assessment and plans created with the individual needs of the service user as the priority
If you are an experienced family Welfare support worker with an understanding of working with more complex clients we would like to hear from you. You should fully appreciate the patience, resilience and self-motivation that are required to support a dispersed and diverse caseload of complex individuals. You must be someone who is able to work independently, particularly in managing your time and caseload, whilst recognising that you are one crucial element of a wider team of support who will need to work collaboratively to get the best outcome for clients. Experience of working with veterans would be beneficial although not essential. And knowledge and experience of the Welfare and Social landscape of the North East would be required.
- Experience of working within a family orientated environment
- Experience of supporting individuals with complex needs
- Willingness to consent to and apply for a DBS check
- The role holder must hold a full driving license and have access to a vehicle on a daily basis
- Willingness to work outside of standard office hours as required
- Level 3 NVQ or equivalent in Information, Advice & Guidance
- An understanding of relevant legislation and statutory guidance, MSCB Safeguarding Procedures, Domestic Abuse awareness, Children Act 2004, Children and Families Act 2014
It is a particularly exciting time to join the WWTW team with the new hub opening in Gateshead.
WWTW is an equal opportunities employer. WWTW is an employer committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and wellbeing of its staff.
For more information, please contact:
No CVs or Agencies please. Please apply using the WWTW application form and return to Tommy.email@example.com