£26,000 – £27,500 per annum
RFEA is looking for a highly motivated Employment Advisor/Administrator to join its Career Transition Partnership (CTP) Future Horizons team in Pirbright (Woking, Surrey). The principal role will be to provide high quality vocational advice and guidance to people leaving the UK Armed Forces to ensure they find appropriate and sustainable employment.
The successful applicant will be able to evidence a sound level of customer service and communication skills and guiding and advising people from all age groups. They will be capable of working independently to targets and deadlines. Knowledge of the local employment market, training and adult education opportunities are essential. NVQ Level 4 in Information, Advice & Guidance is highly desirable but training will be given as required.
To interview Early Service Leavers (ESL) referred to CTP Future Horizons, assessing any immediate risks, providing information about the benefits of the programme and encouraging clients to opt in.
To conduct an initial needs assessment (either face to face or remote) on each individual referred.
Identify, engage, broker and liaise with the relevant support agencies within the CTP Future Horizons Consortium when immediate risks are identified.
Register all CTP Future Horizons referrals.
Agree a personal communications plan and preferred methodology for future contact with the referred individual, (text, e-mail, social networking, etc).
Develop and maintain strong relationships with key military staff at the relevant Training Establishment.
Ensure all CTP Future Horizons consent forms are signed and understood by participants.
Liaise with the Central Support Team (CST) staff on a regular basis regarding ESL and referred “At Risk” SL information, tracking and process.
Work with CTP Employment staff to effectively deliver, further develop and market CTP Future Horizons within and outside the CTP construct.
Hold a caseload of referred ESLs, ESP and FSP “At Risk” clients who have settled in the relevant regional area.
In accordance with the CTP Future Horizons CCMP, provide careers, training and employment advice to individuals – to include information on:
- Personal development opportunities and preferred employment outcomes.
- Local training opportunities.
- Local/regional job prospects.
Work remotely with ESLs and referred “At Risk” SLs to agree individual resettlement and career plans including:
- Advice on career choices (including use of MyPlan tool and Plotr).
- Guidance in the development of a CV and preparation for interviews (using MyPlan).
- Advice on job searching (including use of RightJob).
- Job-matching with vacancies identified by the CTP’sRightJob and CST Client Advisors.
- Continued needs assessment if required to identify vulnerability.
- Ensure any employment, training and vocational opportunities sourced are fed into the affiliated regional Employer Relationship Manager (ERM) to ensure a joined up, seamless CTP employer engagement approach.
- As required, provide in work support to ensure individual employment outcomes are sustainable.
- Work with the CTP Future Horizons Consortium and affiliated partners (inc local housing, welfare, and Veterans Welfare Service) to put in place referral routes and support plans for individuals with complex multi-faceted challenges.
This is a Full Time position (35 Hours Per Week). Competitive Salary package £26,000 to £27,500 (pro rata applied) depending on experience including employee benefits.
To apply, please submit a Covering Letter and CV here. Closing date for this position is Tuesday 17th May 2019.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service checks and Ministry of Defence security clearance, which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.