***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
We are looking for a confident and experienced Communications & Marketing Officer to contribute to raising the profile of ABF The Soldiers’ Charity’s work – supporting our mission to ensure all soldiers, veterans and their immediate families can live with independence and dignity.
You will play a key role in raising the profile of the work of the charity with key target audiences such as serving and former soldiers, the media, and the interested and engaged public. As well as playing a key role in advancing our owned digital communications channels (primarily our website and social media channels), you will support marketing, PR and supporter engagement activities. Key activities in this role will include:
- Managing the copywriting and production of content for use on owned social media channels, with the aim of increasing engagement and raising awareness about the charity
- Updating and maintaining our website, including the development of new content such as news articles, case studies and commissioning photos
- Managing the production and distribution of e-newsletters, often working closely with fundraising colleagues across the charity
- Assisting with the production of offline communications materials such as leaflets, brochures, banners and other branded products
- Assisting the National Marketing Manager with the commissioning and production of the charity’s bi-annual magazine
- Working closely with the Digital Communications Manager to further build the charity’s online presence and to monitor our social media performance
- Supporting the PR & Media Officer with media relations and publicity activities.
To be successful, you will be educated to degree level in a relevant field, with excellent oral and written communication skills, organisational skills and interpersonal skills. You will have the ability to produce accurate, clear and consistent communication outputs and communicate with beneficiaries and vulnerable individuals about complex and sensitive issues. With an interest in the issues affecting soldiers and veterans in need of support, you will also have:
- At least two years’ experience working in the field of communications and marketing
- First class copywriting and editorial skills
- Experience of updating and managing webpages, using a CMS
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and management tools (e.g. Hootsuite); and of email marketing tools (e.g. MailChimp)
- Good verbal communication skills with the ability to build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
Just in the past year, ABF The Soldiers’ Charity has spent nearly £10m providing support for around 70,000 British Army soldiers, veterans and their families in 62 countries across the globe. Last year, the youngest person we helped was two years old, the eldest was 106.
As the Army’s national charity, we are here to ensure that all soldiers, veterans and their immediate families can live with independence and dignity. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we’ll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 16th September 2018
Interview dates: Tues 25th September and Wednesday 26th September 2018
Please send a current CV and supporting statement to Jenny Redman, Director of Communications & Marketing via email@example.com