***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Alabaré offer great benefits for our staff including Excellent accredited Training, Pension, Cycle to Work scheme, paid travel time during the working day, generous annual leave allowance, flexible working (where possible) “refer a friend to work paid scheme” sickness allowance, subsidised gym membership and more. Please visit our website for more information on our benefits and to download an application form. www.alabare.co.uk/about/jobs
All applicants are required to complete an application form and submit a covering letter
Alabaré are looking to recruit a Database Manager who is passionate about all things data! You will be working across several teams, helping colleagues make the most of the systems and data available to them. You will have a lead role in putting data at the heart of our fundraising strategy and will support colleagues with your technical knowledge and expertise. You will have extensive experience in working with CRMs and will have ideally worked in a charity before using Blackbaud Raisers Edge or a similar CRM database.
You will be joining a fantastic team who are passionate about the Alabaré cause. With time in your week spend focussing on different areas of the charity, there will lots of opportunities to help us develop and grow our systems to best effect, helping colleagues and ultimately benefitting our clients. You will have great communications skills and an infectious passion for data and processes. Part of your role will involve inducting colleagues in how to use our CRM systems and so it’s vital you can pass on your own enthusiasm for accuracy and reporting to others.
You will be contracted to work 37.5 hours per week with the possibility of some remote working. The hourly rate is £17.00 per hour, rising to £18.20 per hour after a successful probation review. Giving you an annual salary of £33,150.00 – £35,490.00. You will occasionally need to travel to visit colleagues in our homes and services, so it would be advantageous if you have your own transport.
You will take the lead in managing, maintaining and developing Alabaré’s CRM systems, principally Blackbaud Raisers Edge and Paloma Harmonia. You will be working with colleagues across the organisation to understand their needs and to develop our databases in order to deliver, support or enable, reporting and analytics. This is a key role in our charity and you will be helping to deliver business analytics to support effective decision making by teams across our disciplines including our Leadership team.
You will work with our Fundraising & Marketing team as a key member of the team helping to maximise donations to Alabaré and enable excellent donor stewardship.
You will provide database management expertise for our Operations teams, enabling and supporting the production of high-quality data reports from our client management system Paloma Harmonia software.
You will work with our Retail team supporting staff to produce reports from our EProductive retail software and migrate relevant data to our Raisers Edge system.
You will help drive the development of Business Intelligence to provide insights which unite data from across the organisation to inform the work of our Leadership team.
- To be driven to achieve the best data opportunities, solutions and practices for Alabaré. To be a passionate advocate of data processing and data analysis and support colleagues to implement best use of this resource.
- To be a champion of data protection and GDPR for Alabaré. To maintain and promote good practice and industry regulations with regard to the handling, storage and use of data for Alabaré.
- To develop and support self-service tools to meet the needs of stakeholders from across the organisation.
Fundraising & Marketing
- To manage the day to day and ongoing development of the Supporter CRM system (Blackbaud Raisers Edge), including routine updates, roll out of new software developments, troubleshooting, liaising with Alabaré’s IT support and ensuring business continuity strategies and procedures are in place.
- Take the lead in integrating internal and external systems with the Supporter CRM, including but not limited to the Alabaré website, events registration websites, fundraising platforms and social media. Manage new integrations and make recommendations where necessary.
- To line manage the Alabaré Supporter Care Coordinator and provide direction and training for those in the team and wider organisation to ensure the consistent best use of the Supporter CRM.
- Take the lead in rolling Raisers Edge out to new teams and individuals where appropriate to their role.
- To lead on the recording, maintenance and adherence to GDPR in the department.
- To lead on the processing and claiming of Gift Aid for Alabaré
- To provide accurate data processes, reports and analysis to enable the day to day delivery of stewardship services in the department, and additionally to inform the strategic direction of the Fundraising, Marketing and Volunteer teams in relation to the stewardship of their contacts including through segmentation and the plotting of supporter journeys.
- To manage the inputting and financial management of donations into the department, working with the Supporter Care Coordinaor and Events Administrator, and alongside the Alabaré Finance Department.
- To have a lead role in coordinating the collection of data from events, charity shops and other interactions to help grow the supporter database for Alabaré.
- To attend events as and when required, and occasionally outside of normal working hours.
- To manage volunteers providing support within the department as and when required.
- To provide expertise in database management and development.
- To provide database expertise to support and enable the in-depth analysis of client focused business activities, including identifying areas for improvement in database configuration and data quality.
- To work with the Alabaré Lead Operations Manager, IT support and Paloma team to oversee any updates and developments of the Harmonia system.
- To understand the reporting needs of colleagues in Alabaré and take a lead role in the development of the Harmonia database to enable staff and managers from across the organisation to have ready and easy access to consistent, accurate data and management information on Alabaré clients and data sets for charity publications, reports, and fundraising activities.
- To work with the Alabaré Retail team to develop the reporting and insight capabilities of the EProductive system.
- To led in the monthly transition of relevant customer data to Raisers Edge.
- To oversee the claiming of Gift Aid on appliable retail sales through the EProductive system.
- To support the data opportunities and requirements generated through the development of Ecommerce at Alabaré including through third party platforms.
- To support the Mission, Vision, Values and Christian ethos of Alabaré in a responsible and positive way on all occasions.
- We reserve the right to ask you from time to time to undertake any other reasonable duties as required within this role.
- To adhere to the list of general duties contained within the staff handbook.
PERSON SPECIFICATION (F)
Skills and knowledge:
- Advanced knowledge of Customer Relationship Management Databases (E)
- Knowledge of Marketing – both traditional and digital (D)
- Knowledge of Fundraising (E)
- Knowledge of data security and legislative requirements, including GDPR (E)
- Knowledge of Charity Retail (D)
- Knowledge of Volunteer recruitment (D)
- Knowledge of SQL (D)
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence (D)
- Advance knowledge of excel and ability to analyse and manipulate complex data, and produce visual representations of complex data (E)
- Excellent analytic, interpersonal, organisational and administrative skills (E)
- Ability to co-ordinate a variety of tasks whilst working to agreed priorities and deadlines (E)
- Ability to travel and represent Alabaré at external meetings if required (D)
- Ability to work unsupervised using own initiative whilst also being comfortable working with others in a team environment (E)
- Extensive experience of managing Customer Relationship Management Databases, including Blackbaud Raisers Edge or equivalent system (E)
- Experience of querying databases to produce complex reports and analysis (E)
- Experience of integrating multiple software or CRM systems (E)
- Experience in meeting the reporting requirements of multiple staff teams (E)
- Experience of working closely with stakeholders who submit data to improve data quality (E)
- Experience of analysing and interpreting management data to support senior teams (E)
- Experience of mapping supporting supporter journeys (D)
- Experience of working across several disciplines (D)
- Experience of data acquisition and collection (D)
- Experience in working with internal contacts at all levels and maintaining relationships (E)
- Experience in line managing staff (D)
- Must be in sympathy with the aims of Alabaré Christian Care & Support (E)
- Degree level, or equivalent in relevant subject, or equivalent experience (E)
- Blackbaud Raisers Edge Expert Qualification or equivalent (D)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (E)
- Business Intelligence expertise (D)
- Able to work extended hours or weekends on occasions
- Ability to drive and own transport would be advantageous
Annual salary based £33,150.00 rising to £35,490.00
Closing date is 25 November 2021