***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Location: Ludgershall/Salisbury Based/ National
Hours: Full Time
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer and your Alabaré Riverside Line Manager
As the Self Build Project Manager and Veteran Support Officer, you will be required to provide the necessary care, support and mentoring to including dedicated support time and recovery interventions for self-builders with mental health illness, addictive behaviours and complex needs.
Your primary role is to project manage the induction of ex-service personnel onto the Veterans self-build scheme, monitor and evaluate their progress and help them develop strategies to return to full time employment and independent living.
You will be required to record the CPD of each veteran while maintaining appropriate administrative and reporting documentation. You will be required to spend at least one full day at riverside working alongside the training group assisting with the alignment of veteran services and the development of new ones. You will be ensuring best practice and health and safety across all projects updating your line manager and the COO daily.
This is a national role and you may be asked from time to time to travel to other builds to offer support and maintain alignment of services. You will be required to adhere to all policies and procedures set out by Alabare and those set down in Veteran Self Build SOPs.
- Maintaining the Alabaré Operational Objectives operational objectives under the leadership and administrative umbrella of Alabaré.
- Maintain appropriate welfare support to all veterans at Drummond Park Ludgershall in partnership with Lovell Construction and Stonewater Housing.
- Maintain records of all welfare support operations and CPD.
- Maintain brand integrity for Self-Build and Alabare.
- Develop the Ludgershall Build in partnership with Lovell and Stonewater.
- Screen all candidates in partnership with Stonewater Housing.
- Maintaining contact and liaison with other referral agencies including internal Homes for Veterans, while actively recruiting for the following phases at Drummond Park.
- Keep the Chief Operating Officer briefed daily.
- Compile a report for the monthly management board.
- Complete a work schedule with Lovell to reflect plans and progressive training cycles.
- Work with the marketing team to produce items for social media, newsletter etc.
- Work with the funding team to secure funding for the project.
- Write monthly update reports and project evaluation report.
- To support the Mission, Vision, Values and Christian ethos of Alabaré in a responsible and positive way on all occasions.
- We reserve the right to ask you from time to time to undertake any other reasonable duties as required within this role.
- To adhere to the list of general duties contained within the staff handbook.
The job role as described will be reviewed from time to time and where necessary be amended. The Job Description also forms the basis at annual discussion of the Company’s Appraisal Programme.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to relate effectively with co-workers and beneficiaries
- Ability to perform solve and deescalate crisis situations
- Experience with individual, family and group support time and recovery sessions
- Previous singular and group person management experience
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include other agencies and contractors
- Ability to work alone and unaided at various geographic sites
- Ability to organize work load and diary
- Ability to work weekends/evenings when required assisting fundraising effort
- An ability to multi task providing support to a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize requests accordingly and manage varied caseloads
- To be a team player
- Ability to adapt and resolve to any diverse situations as it may occur
- Operate under guidance from Chief Operation Officer/National Operations Director
- CSCS on Employment (essential)
- CITB – SSSTS (desirable)
- On site policy and procedure in accordance with contractors’ requirements
- CQC Est 2009
- Mental Health act 2005
- POVA 2004
- DOLS 2005
- Safeguarding Policy (CSBA/VSB) 2018
- Equality and Diversity Act 2010
- Children’s Act 2006 adhering to the (CSBA/VSB) Child Protection Policy
- H&S Course and Certificate (Provided in post)
Annual salary based £25,740.00 rising to £27,300.00
Closing date 14 March 2022
Interview dated 28March 202
Please send applications – CV and covering letter – to email@example.com