***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
An exciting opportunity has arisen due to a promotion for the current job holder.
Blesma – The Limbless Veterans is the national charity and membership association for limbless serving and ex-service men and women and their dependants. We help all wounded servicemen and women who have lost limbs, the use of limbs or eyes, to rebuild their lives by providing rehabilitation activities and welfare support.
The Fundraising Relationship Executive role plays an important part within Blesma’s Fundraising Team. The post is responsible for developing and maintaining successful relationships with community and corporate fundraisers to maximise income and awareness of Blesma from these donors.
Main purpose: To support the Associate Director of Fundraising and Community & Events Manager to nurture existing relationships with community and corporate supporters and to proactively develop new supporter relationships.
- Location: Work out of Blesma Office – Frankland Moore House, 185-187 High Road, Chadwell Heath, Romford, RM6 6NA.
- Responsible to: Associate Director of Fundraising
- Salary: Up to £24,000 dependent on skills and experience
- Blesma offers a contributory pension scheme – employer’s contribution 5% and suggested employee’s contribution 5% and a Death in Service insurance benefit equal to one times annual salary
- Contract: Permanent
- Holidays: 25 days per annum, plus statutory holidays
- Equal Opportunities: Blesma is an equal opportunities employer and commitment to this is expected.
Full details of Conditions of Employment are set out in Blesma’s Employment Contract, the main features of which are standard for all staff.
To support the Associate Director of Fundraising and Community & Events Manager with roughly a 50/50 division of time, which may vary according to work demands. Maintaining and developing relationships with fundraisers and giving administration support as required to the fundraising team. This is an externally facing role.
- Recruit, manage and develop community and corporate supporter relationships
- Provide support for individuals and attendees undertaking Blesma led fundraising events
- Update and maintain all records on Raisers Edge to agreed standards and timescales
- Manage long term relationships with key supporters, and ensure that all opportunities to develop repeat fundraising are maximised
- Identify key supporters to develop and nurture
- Attend fundraising events as required
- Motivate, recognise, and reward supporters thus ensuring their long term support of Blesma
- Regular point of contact for community and event fundraisers providing excellent customer service
- Contribute to the development and implementation of plans and budgets
- Use the Raiser’s Edge database for accurate record keeping and analysis.
- Input accurate and up to date information onto the database
- Assist the Associate Director of Fundraising and Community & Events Manager to achieve agreed income and expenditure targets
- Adhere to all Blesma financial policies and guidelines and ensure all financial paperwork is produced to agreed deadlines
- Work with relevant Blesma departments to achieve targets, objectives, and strategic priorities identified in the Volunteer Fundraising Operations plan or Fundraising Strategy
- Have a strong working knowledge of our organisation vision, purpose, and impact including relevant achievements through use of internal resources
- Create and send monthly e-news letter
- Collate materials for Blesma Quarterly Magazine and Members’ Bulletin
- Undertake project work when requested by the Associate Director of Fundraising
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the Associate Director of Fundraising and Community & Events manager
The Main Duties above are issued for the purpose of guidance and may be subject to variation.
Key Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Behaviours:
- Ability to motivate and influence community and corporate supporters to reach fundraising targets
- Ability to confidently ask supporters to raise money and continue their support for Blesma
- Ability to maximise income by matching fundraising products with supporters
- Ability to identify the best use of time and resources (own and supporters) to maximise income
- Experience of working in a customer/supporter focused environment
- Experience of working as part of a high performing team
- Experience of planning and delivery simple and successful projects
- Experience of using Raisers Edge database
- Excellent networking and relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills including face to face, written and phone
- Strong, confident presentation skills
- Strong IT skills including knowledge of Windows, MS office, and Raisers Edge
- Exceptional time management and prioritisation skills
- Understanding of the charity sector
- Understanding of communities
- Understanding of Blesma’s vision, purpose, and achievements
- Willing to sometimes work unsociable hours, travel extensively and stay away from home as required
- Full clean driving licence
- Experience in the voluntary sector
This job description covers the main tasks expected to be involved in undertaking the job and the main characteristics and qualities required of the jobholder. It is not meant to be all embracing and other tasks may be assigned to the jobholder as necessary and/or operational needs dictate.
|Educated to degree level or equivalent||●|
|Good level of numeracy||●|
|Full UK Driving Licence||●|
|IT skills with knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet||●|
|Fundraising related professional qualification||●|
|An understanding of the wider funding environment and changing trends in the voluntary sector||●|
|Minimum of two years’ experience of working within the third sector, community fundraising or closely related fields||●|
|Experience of working in a fundraising role||●|
|Experience of using databases such as Raiser’s Edge||●|
|Proven ability to manage own time and workload||●|
|Impressive writing and communication skills||●|
|Outstanding telephone manner||●|
|Budget or other Finance related experience||●|
|A passion for Blesma’s cause and work||●|
|A desire to grow and develop your skills||●|
|A team player with a confident manner; a professional, flexible, positive person||●|
|Close attention to detail||●|
Applications to Ian Waller at email@example.com, deadline is Friday 10 November.