The Senior Corporate Fundraising Officer supports the Fundraising Team to develop, manage and deliver a corporate fundraising programme to service the needs of the charity and our supporters.
Main purpose: As part of the Fundraising Team, the post-holder will be responsible for the day-to-day management of agreed activity and will ensure that all campaigns are within budget and are delivered to meet key performance indicators.
Location: Work out of Blesma Head office, 115 New London Road, Chelmsford, Essex CM2 0QT.
Responsible to: Corporate and Regional Fundraising Manager
Salary and benefits: £28,000 depending on skills and experience
Blesma offers a contributory pension scheme – employer’s contribution of 5% and a suggested employee’s contribution of 5% and a Death in Service insurance benefit equal to one and a half times annual salary.
Holidays: 25 days per annum, plus statutory holidays.
Equal Opportunities: Blesma is an equal opportunities employer and commitment to this is expected. Full details of Conditions of Employment are set out in Blesma’s Employment Contract, the main features of which are standard for all staff.
We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. Blesma encourages a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. With an increasingly agile workforce, we are open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
• Manage a portfolio of corporate partnerships, maximising their support and ensuring they have an excellent experience of working with Blesma
• Provide support for corporate individuals and attendees undertaking fundraising events on behalf of Blesma
• Identify and manage long term relationships with key supporters and ensure that all opportunities to develop repeat fundraising are maximised.
• Motivate, recognise, and incentivise supporters, ensuring their long-term support of Blesma.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of plans and budgets within the corporate fundraising programme
• Support the Corporate and Regional Fundraising Manager with delivering key corporate partnerships including producing reports and updates
• Update and maintain all records on Raiser’s Edge to agreed standards and timescales
• Ensure website and social media activity relevant to the partnership is up to date and accurate
• Represent Blesma at corporate fundraising events and effectively network with the supporters’ staff to elevate and integrate the partnership across the business to encourage staff participant
• Support the Corporate and Regional Fundraising Manager to research and identify new business opportunities within the sector
• Support the Corporate and Regional Fundraising Manager with applications, presentations and materials to help secure new partners
• Support the Corporate and Regional Fundraising Manager with high value and regional relationships
• Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the Corporate and Regional Fundraising Manager
• Assist the Corporate and Regional Fundraising Manager to achieve agreed income and expenditure targets
• Adhere to all Blesma financial policies and guidelines and ensure all financial paperwork is produced to agreed deadlines.
• Work with relevant Blesma departments to achieve targets, objectives, and strategic priorities identified in the Fundraising and Marketing strategy.
• Have a strong working knowledge of our organisation vision, purpose, and impact including relevant achievements through use of internal resources.
The Main Duties above are issued for the purpose of guidance and may be subject to variation.
A member of the Operations Directorate office based at our Head Office in Chelmsford with an occasional requirement for travel to meetings and events to represent Blesma. A preparedness to work out of office hours as required.
Key Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Behaviours:
• Ability to motivate and influence corporate supporters to reach fundraising targets.
• Ability to confidently ask supporters to raise money and continue their support for Blesma.
• Ability to maximise income by matching fundraising products with supporters.
• Ability to identify the best use of time and resources (own and supporters) to maximise income.
• Experience of working in a customer/supporter focused environment
• Experience of working as part of a high performing team
• Experience of managing projects
• Experience of working with budgets and reporting
• Excellent networking and relationship management skills
• Excellent communication skills including face to face, written and phone.
• Strong, confident presentation skills.
• Strong IT skills including knowledge of Windows, MS office, and fundraising databases (Blesma uses Raisers Edge).
• Exceptional time management and prioritisation skills
• Understanding of the charity sector
• Understanding of corporate fundraising
• Understanding of Blesma’s vision, purpose, and achievements
• Understanding of sector best practice and relevant fundraising/charity legislation (data protection act, health and safety, etc.).
• Willing to work unsociable hours, travel extensively and stay away from home as required.
• Full clean driving licence
• Experience in the voluntary sector
This job description covers the main tasks expected to be involved in undertaking the job and the main characteristics and qualities required of the jobholder. It is not meant to be all embracing and other tasks may be assigned to the jobholder as necessary and/or operational needs dictate
How to apply?
Applicants are invited to submit a covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 06 Aug 2021.
Interview date: 17 and 18 Aug 21. Location of the interview will depend on the Covid-19 guidance (either in person or virtually).