35 hours a week
Home/regional office based with some travel to London and throughout the North
Up to £33,519 (dependent on experience and location)
It’s an exciting time to join Blind Veterans UK. We are experiencing a period of growth as we plan to deliver more and better services to ex-Servicemen and women who have lost their sight. As a result we need to develop our regional and community fundraising activity to support this growth.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial individual who has the experience and flair to lead a small team to plan and execute community fundraising activities that acquire, retain and develop supporters and deliver sustainable income streams. You will have:
- Experience of developing and implementing a plan to engage supporters and raise funds.
- A track record of leading and managing a team to achieve a step increase in income from community fundraising activity and to achieve/surpass fundraising targets.
- Ability to demonstrate success in growing regional and community fundraising activity in a crowded market, for similar non-profit organisations
- A desire and some experience of aligning local activity with national strategies, to achieve the best outcomes
- Experience of assessing return on investment and growth potential with ability to see the bigger picture and make good choices
- Demonstrable experience of working collaboratively and building effective relationships with a diverse range of audiences and stakeholders
- Excellent skills in project management, planning and budgeting.
The successful candidate must also hold a valid driver’s licence or have the ability to travel across the country.
Benefits include free life assurance, a generous pension scheme and training and development opportunities.
For more information on about the role and how to apply, please visit our website at www.blindveterans.org.uk
Closing date: Sunday 4 February 2018 at 23:59hrs
Interview and Assessment date: Week commencing 12 February 2018
To be considered for this role please send your CV and supporting statement no more than 500 words outlining your suitability for the role in Word format to email@example.com.
Due to the high number of enquiries and applications we receive for our vacancies we don’t acknowledge each one – if you haven’t heard from us within a week of the closing date, please assume that we won’t be inviting you for an interview. You are, of course, welcome to try again if a suitable post comes up. We are unable to provide feedback to candidates not shortlisted for interview.