***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
|Hours per week:
|Head of Region
|No Direct Reports
To assess referrals, provide appropriate counselling to people working on the front line, to achieve good outcomes and ensure up-to-date records are maintained.
YOU WILL :-
- Correctly assess referrals that are received and identify needs and resources required to meet those needs with unfaltering professionalism and
- Provide therapeutic counselling to clients, both remotely and face-to-
- Liaise with the CPN, Welfare Officers, regional managers and other DMWS staff as necessary.
- Ensure that clients understand the service and fully consent to engage with the process.
- Maintain appropriate records of confidential counselling in line with legal, ethical and organisational guidelines, using the DMWS portal.
- Communicate and liaise with other agencies within the limitations of the role and confidentiality.
- Maintain professional membership of the BACP (or equivalent body) and participate in regular supervision and CPD.
- Assist in the compilation of data and reports for internal and external stakeholders including the Police Federation.
- Be an enthusiastic ambassador for
- Maintain professional boundaries with clients at all times
Be aware of safeguarding matters and deal with any concerns sensitively and in line with policy and procedures.
- Be willing to assist in growing the service, in conjunction with the relevant DMWS team members.
- Be willing to work flexibly across the whole organisation if
- Actively contribute to a culture of innovation, resourcefulness and best practice to make the best use of your time and others.
- Provide a service that is inclusive, respectful and complies with all equality legislation and best practice.
THE CONTEXT IN WHICH YOU WILL WORK
To help people during their most critical time of need
To be the most respected provider of welfare support for those in front line services.
To provide a high-quality medical welfare service to those who serve the nation and the community when they are in the patient care pathway, in order to deliver capability and productivity.
We are passionately committed in heart and mind to the people we support, delivering our service whenever and wherever they happen to be.
We act with integrity, consistency, and honesty in all that we do.
We support each other. We trust, encourage and develop our staff, because we know that it’s our people who make us what we are.
We work collaboratively together and with others to provide the best possible service to the people we support.
YOU WILL HAVE :-
- A recognised counselling qualification and be a member of the BACP (or equivalent body).
- A minimum of 2 years counselling experience (CBT or Client Centred Therapy)
- Proven experience of working with groups within the NHS or a similar setting
- Drive and motivation, a pro-active self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team.
- Unfaltering professionalism and a passion for helping others
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good judgement and empathy for others
- Proven IT skills
- An ability to keep accurate records and a good understanding of the importance of data
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH DMWS
We recognise that without our staff we are nothing, they are the most important asset that we have. We offer employees the following benefits: –
We give employees 30 days a year annual leave plus Public Holidays (pro-rata’d for part-time employees).
Auto enrolment onto DMWS workplace pension scheme – subject to eligibility. You will make a minimum contribution of 5% which DMWS will match. Contributions will be matched up to 6% by DMWS.
Death in Service Scheme
Three times your annual salary to nominated beneficiaries – subject to eligibility
All flexible working requests are considered – many of our staff work flexible hours and work wholly, or partly from home.
Access to a 24/7 virtual GP service, with a counselling service and on-line help and support around health and well-being matters
For those who pay to park at their work-base, fees are repaid through expenses. Mileage claims are reimbursed in line with HMRC guidelines.
Enhanced Sick Pay
Enhanced sick pay scheme for all employees upon completion of their probationary period.
Family Friendly Leave/Other Leave
Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption and shared parental leave.
Staff are regularly recognised for their work by the leadership team and their peers, via internal events, social media, and industry awards.
Personal Development Programme
DMWS supports employee continuing professional development and training.
Above all, being part of the DMWS team, means that you are making a difference to the lives of those working on the frontline.