***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Contract: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £21,000 per annum
Closing date: 18/04/2022
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced administrator to join our team at Defence Medical Welfare Service to play a key role in ensuring the smooth running of HQ and the wider organisation. With each day presenting a new task the ideal candidate will be flexible in their approach, with the ability to adapt and change to needs of the business.
The role requires a positive attitude with a can-do approach towards tasks. We are looking for someone who will be able to confidently adapt to changing situations with the ability to prioritise tasks and enjoys variation in their work. As part of your role you will be working for a charitable organisation which provides medical welfare to the military and veteran community.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following:
• Excellent communication skills both on the phone and face-to-face
• Excellent IT skills, including experience of using Excel, Word and ideally Microsoft Teams
• Evidence of organisational and administrative skills
• Self-motivation and the ability to use your own initiative
• An efficient working style and be able to put forward suggested process improvements.
• Work using a methodical approach, with an exceptional eye for detail
• An excellent team working approach
The successful candidate will have a current driving licence and access to a vehicle (due to the remote location of our office) and would be expected to take regular trips on behalf of the organisation.
Key aspects of the role include:
• Ensuring the telephones are covered at HQ, and that visitors are welcomed to the premises, and catered for during their visit.
• Being responsible for the ordering of stationery, uniforms, and lunches for meetings.
• Co-ordinating audit tasks for the current DMWS team members including training, HR data and credit card reconciliations.
• Developing working practices and recommend effective and efficient changes to the Office Manager.
• Assisting with recruitment as required, including advertising, co-ordinating interviews, and the on-boarding process of new hires.
• Organising and managing any mobile equipment given to staff during their employment including replacing lost or damaged items.
• Assisting staff with IT issues and liaising with the external IT consultant when required.
• Dealing with maintenance issues at HQ, including liaising with the landlord and any contractors as necessary.
• Co-ordinating cost-effective travel arrangements across the organisation including the handling of hotel bookings, flights, and ad-hoc journeys.
• Actively contributing to a culture of innovation, resourcefulness, and best practice to make the best use of your time and others.
Full-time position, 35hrs per week. Monday -Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm
• 30 days a year annual leave plus Bank Holidays
• DMWS workplace pension scheme. Contributions will be matched up to 6% by DMWS.
• Death in Service Scheme – Three times your annual salary to nominated beneficiaries – subject to eligibility
• Flexible Working – All flexible working requests are considered
• Enhanced sick pay scheme for all employees upon completion of their probationary period.
Applications close 18 April 2022 at 5pm – applications will be actively reviewed on receipt. DMWS reserve the right to close the application process early.
To apply please upload your CV and a short 300 word covering letter detailing why you would be suitable for the position. Please see attached for a detailed General-Administrator job description.