***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Do you have passion and skills to help manage a full team? Could you champion them to train and upskill? Are you excited by innovation and helping the armed forces community to thrive?
The Forces Employment Charity offers a specialist programme developed to support veterans in the Justice System who may be vulnerable, socially isolated, or need support to live or maintain a law-abiding life.
This position is full-time, 35 hours per week with a salary of £33,990. The successful candidate will be based at home with regular travel within the region, reporting to the National Manager, this role consists of planning, coordinating and managing the delivery of services in your allocated region
- Develop and coordinate the delivery of the contract in the regional areas, including the management and supervision of the team in your area
- Line management of the caseworkers in your allocated region including managing team absences and leave
- Carry out regular one to one supervision and performance reviews with your team members
- Continuously improve the case management of the caseworkers delivering the programmes, developing, and maintaining Case Management Guidance for each and audit case files monthly.
- Report outcomes, opportunities, risks and issues across the programme to the National Manager in accordance with ISO 9001.
- Review Incident Reports and report issues to the National Manager. Discuss any issues with staff resulting from incidents to strengthen operations where necessary and strive for continuous improvement.
- Prepare regular reports in conjunction with the Business Development team for the commissioners in your region.
- Continuously monitor quality assurance and outcomes reporting for the project
- Support your staff to deliver monthly, high quality case studies for use by the Forces Employment Charity
- Monitor team training, identifying skills gaps and opportunities to improve
- Contribute to the development of new and existing partner and funding opportunities within your region and manage the operational relationships with key stakeholders in your region
- Coordinate delivery of the programme with the wider Forces Employment Charity programmes
- Deputise for the National Manager when required
To be flexible and complete any additional tasks asked of you by the National Manager and Deputy Chief Executive
- Experience of programme management and line management.
- History of successful relationship building and maintaining relationship of key stakeholders
- Understanding of performance improvement and outcomes monitoring.
- A working knowledge of the Justice System
- Proven record of planning, managing, and delivering high quality services and outcomes in a demanding and fast-moving environment
- Ability to exercise appropriate judgement and manage and mitigate risk.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills
- Driving licence and exclusive use of a car
- Empathy with Armed Forces personnel and an understanding of the challenges they face
- Experience of using Outcomes Star
- Salesforce case management system experience, this training will be provided for the successful candidate if they are not already trained
- Management training and qualification
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter by midnight 8 March 2023
Interviews to be scheduled for the week commencing the 13th of March 2023
Successful candidates will be required to undertake an NPPV level 2 police vetting, been a resident in the UK for over 5 years and an Enhanced DBS clearance.