***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
The Forces in Mind Trust (FiMT) was established in 2011 with a £35 million endowment from the Big Lottery Fund to spend over a 20-year period on providing UK-wide support and advocacy for ex-Service personnel and their families to make a successful transition back to civilian life. The Trust awards grants and commissions research to generate an evidence base to influence and underpin policy makers and service deliverers. This influencing role is critical to the effectiveness of FiMT in achieving its mission. To-date the Trust has outsourced all of its Public Relations capability. FiMT has now evolved to the stage where it would be more effective to bring some of this capability in-house whilst still maintaining an element of strategic communications expertise which will continue to be outsourced. The Trust is therefore establishing this new post and is seeking to recruit an experienced and flexible Communications Officer with strong traditional and digital communication skills, and stakeholder management and Public Affairs expertise.
- Location: Based in Victoria, London (occasional travel and overnight stays may be necessary to support events around the UK).
- Status: Full time 37.5 hrs generally Monday – Friday 0900 – 1700
- Salary: £30,000 per annum
- Benefits: Group pension plan, interest-free season ticket loan, individual training budget, death in service insurance, health screening, access to a cycle-to-work scheme
- Holiday: 30 working days plus Public/Bank holidays
- Reporting to: Head of Policy