***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
About the Society
The Forces Pension Society is a not-for-profit, independent membership organisation that looks after the interests of current and future UK Armed Forces pensioners. It is a watchdog, a lobby group and a provider of Armed Forces Pension Scheme guidance to its membership, which comprises both serving and retired Armed Forces personnel. In recent years the Society has gone from strength to strength, with increasing membership (now approx. 62,000), a strong independent voice, and considerable influence and reputation. The Society has a full-time staff of 17 and is based in Vauxhall, South West London. Demand for our services is growing.
The Membership Team
The 4 strong Membership Team is the gateway to the Society. It is responsible for processing new joiners and leavers, answering general enquiries, maintaining member’s records, and analysing membership data to shape the Society’s offer. It has a strong customer service focus.
Head of Membership
The Head of Membership is a member of the Society’s Senior Management Team and works closely with CE, COO and Head of Pensions to develop the annual business objectives and oversee the daily operation of the Society. S/he will be expected to be comfortable briefing the Society’s Council and Committees.
The role of the Head of Membership is to:
- Be part of the Society’s Senior Management Team.
- Direct and lead the work of the Membership Team.
- Ensure that membership subscriptions are collected correctly.
- Develop and manage the Society’s membership data.
- Be the Society’s Data Protection Officer
- Be the focal point for affinity partners
- Promote membership recruitment and retention
|Professional Skills||Personal Qualities|
|· Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to speak authoritatively and clearly and to write succinctly.
· IT capable – PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, with an awareness of how databases work.
· An aptitude for analysing and presenting data.
· Understanding of and interest in HM Forces and credibility when dealing with its members.
· An understanding of Data Protection and compliance
|· Team player capable of nesting a team’s work within the wider organisation’s needs.
· The ability to switch between the strategic and the operational with ease.
· Well-organised with a strong eye for detail and an empathy for changes in members’ personal circumstances.
· Ability to create productive relationships with new affinity partners whilst exercising corporate due diligence.
· A management style to lead a small team with a human touch.
- Starting salary £57,797 p.a.
- 10% of salary Employer pension contributions (£5,780-no employee contributions).
- Interest-free season ticket loan.
- 30 days annual leave (plus all Bank Holidays).
- Comprehensive handover and development package.
- Office-based in Vauxhall, working from home as agreed.
Please apply by submitting a CV and, in no more than two sides of A4, write a supporting statement which meets the person specification and outlines:
- your reasons for applying for this position;
- your experiences to date which you feel make you a suitable candidate; and
- an indication of your strengths, both personally and professionally.
Applications should be submitted electronically to the Chief Operating Officer at Matthewl@forpen.co.uk by Friday 26 November. Sift will take place at the end of November with assessments and interviews scheduled for 6-7 December. The successful candidate will start in early Mar 2022. If short listed we will ask you to provide the contact details of two referees, one of whom should be your current employer.