The closing date for the next round of applications for grants from The Army Central Fund is Thu 2 Apr 15 (for grants to be awarded in the period July to December 2015).
Each year the majority of the funds available are awarded direct to Army units and in grants to the Army Sport Control Board and the Army Families Federation. However, there are usually some funds available to provide smaller grants to other charities that support the serving Army. For more information on eligibility and for an application form, charities should contact Lieutenant Colonel Julian Panton, Secretary The Army Central Fund at ArmyPersSvcs-ArmyCentralFund@mod.uk . Examples of grants awarded to charities in the last year include those to:
- NSPCC towards the provision of the families centres in Catterick and Bulford.
- Home-Start UK to help support families with young children in garrisons across UK.
- SSAFA for the mentoring project and for support groups.
- My Daddy is a Soldier Adventures for start-up costs.
- The Military Wives Choir Foundation towards training and annual conference costs.
- Families’ Activity Breaks (FAB) for fund-raising packs and publicity.
- Sandes Centres to assist with a move of location.
- Union Jack Club for projects.
- Victory Services Club for projects.
- CESSAC for refurbishment of non-alcohol club facilities in Germany, Cyprus and UK.
- and other projects in partnership with ABF The Soldiers’ Charity.
Army units and Army sports associations/unions should consult Army Briefing Note 49/13 and Land Forces Standing Order 3206 (Welfare Funds) for advice on how to apply.