***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Place of Work: Salisbury, Wiltshire
Salary: between £25,000 – £27,000 per annum depending on experience
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of work: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week; mixture of working in the office and from home; time off in lieu (TOIL) or any out of hours working
Probation: Six months
Annual Leave: 25 days plus Bank Holidays.
Other benefits: Generous contributory pension scheme with up to 10% employer contribution; private medical insurance; company maternity/paternity pay scheme
Application closes: We will be holding interview as/when suitable applications are received
We are seeking an experienced individual with excellent communication skills to join The Gurkha Welfare Trust as Events & Challenges Officer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and delivering the Trust’s programme of events and challenges and support individuals and groups undertaking them on our behalf. The Events & Challenges Officer reports to the Head of Fundraising & Communications.
Those applying must have excellent communication skills and demonstrable experience in events management.
- Work with the Head of Fundraising & Communications to plan, coordinate and deliver all Trust events, including the annual Doko Challenge and Christmas carol service, one-off initiatives, project-focused or specific appeal driven events.
- Help market, coordinate and deliver the annual Trailwalker event, in partnership with Oxfam GB and Queen’s Gurkha Signals.
- Provide support and encouragement to all individuals, groups and organisations raising money for the Trust through challenge events. Advise individuals setting up JustGiving and Virgin Money Giving fundraising pages. Ensure their supporter journey is recorded on the database and optimised to encourage giving while ensuring they feel valued.
- Oversee all event and challenges income and expenditure and liaise with the donations processing staff and the Finance team to ensure this is accurately recorded.
- Manage external event relationships with relevant suppliers and to support delivery of event objectives and targets, ensure contracts are in place and value for money is achieved.
- Manage the Trust’s presence on the wider challenges and events marketplace, including advertising on key challenge and events websites.
- Lead on the evaluation of events and challenges.
- Work with the communications team to ensure effective promotion of events and challenges across all relevant mediums.
- Research, develop and project manage new events based on evidence gathered from previous initiatives in order to meet income targets.
- Represent the Trust at fundraising events and challenges as required.
- Monitor and report on agreed KPIs relating to events and challenges.
Applicants for this position should be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present the Trust’s work in an accessible and compelling way
- Demonstrable experience within events management
- Strong administrative and organisation skills
- Ability to build relationships with and motivate supporters and volunteers
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationship with all external suppliers
- Good IT skills, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and a working knowledge of a CRM database
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload, alongside an ability to support others’ activities within the whole fundraising team
- Flexible, can-do attitude, with the ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Willing and able to work occasional evenings and weekends to support key work commitments.
- Experience of events and challenges fundraising in the third sector
- Understanding of Data Protection regulations
- Full clean driving licence
If you have any questions over the job description or terms and conditions, please get in touch with us:
- T: 01722 323 955
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview invite will be sent separately to the selected applicants.
Applicants should email a CV and cover letter addressing the person specification to our HR team at email@example.com.