***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Vacancy: Grants Manager
Venue: Tedworth House Flagship Recovery Centre, Arcot Road, Tidworth, Wiltshire SP9 7AJ
Salary circa: £34-36K
Duration: commencement December 2017 for 13 months covering maternity leave.
Help for Heroes is looking for a Grants Manager to manage and support the Grant Giving Programme to Individuals and External Charities/Organisations, which contribute to the achievement of Help for Heroes’ strategic goals.
- To support HoG in developing the Grant Giving Programme and longer term strategy
- To deputise for HoG, while supporting the grants officers to use sound judgement and independently take decisions within established procedures
- To process effectively and conduct due diligence of all external grant applications, to include all associated activities which may occur both pre and post-award
- To be responsible for liaising, advising and negotiating with grant applicants on any aspects of their applications.
- To collate feedback on grant applications and make recommendations for funding to the Grant Recovery Board.
- To prepare the Grant Recovery Board papers and to deliver and represent HoG at the monthly Board meeting, as required.
- Ensuring that recommendations to Trustees are in line with current grant making policies
- To prepare grant agreements for HoG sign-off
- To communicate with unsuccessful applicants in a sensitive manner giving reasons why their application has been unsuccessful.
- Develop and manage strong relationships with key strategic Grant partners visiting projects and organisations as needed
- To manage the maintenance of systems which allow the Charity to assess the impact and effectiveness of grants
- To evaluate the management of grants and work with external system provider and IT to develop effective systems.
- To prepare monthly statistics and produce reports on impact and effectiveness of the grant giving programme for Trustees.
- To ensure informed communication of grant awards to PR&Comms Team for sharing with the Third Sector.
- Budgetary approval of grants to individuals up to a £8000 and preparation of instructions to Purchase Ledger to pay awards to grant partners without limit in value.
- To ensure that recommendations to Trustees of grants in excess of £50,000 are in line with current grant making policies.
- To assist the HoG in developing priorities for grant making;
- To research and prepare policy proposals and discussion papers for the Grants Committee and Trustees.
- To monitor legislation, social and political trends, and other matters, as they relate to income poverty, social need, education, employability.
- Other ad hoc duties as requested by HoG