***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED*** Job Title: Physical Development Coach
Reports to: SR & HW Manager
Based at: Phoenix House, Catterick, Richmond, North Yorkshire DL9 3AW
The role: You will be responsible for developing and delivering a wide range of sports and adventurous activities as part of our Recovery programme for Wounded, Injured and Sick personnel. This role will have a particular focus on Health and Physical wellbeing programmes which includes areas such as nutrition, sleep hygiene and lifestyle management.
About You: As an experienced and well qualified coach/practitioner, you will have a background in delivering direct support and coaching to individuals, ideally with some experience of adaptive training/activities.
I support the blokes by:
||Providing Physical Development (PD) activities (i.e. PT, Sport and Adventurous Training) in direct support of the recovery programmes for wounded, injured and sick (WIS) personnel at a Recovery Centre or DMRC.
||Safe and effective delivery of Health and Physical Wellbeing and Sports Recovery activities.
- Plan, manage, organise, deliver/facilitate and review PD activities that directly support an individual’s recovery and/or their return to an active independent life post service – at a level commensurate with your knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with wider Charity / military staff and local military / civillian sports communities in order to enhance the physical, cognitive, psychological and social aspects of recovery.
- Support an individuals recovery by inputting into the multidisciplinary team (MDT) process, and where necessary, attending the MDT meeting.
- Provide assistance with the delivery of the wider Sports Recovery Programmes, including the delivery of PT Sport and AT specific Disability Awareness Training if/when qualified/experienced.
- Provide assistance with the delivery of the wider Health and Physical Wellbeing Programmes, including the delivery of wellbeing activities and events covering topics such as nutrition, sleep hygiene, lifestyle management
- Provide appropriate advice to injured, sick and disabled personnel on the suitability and availability of exercise, health, wellbeing, adaptive sport and adventurous training activities.
- To identify WIS personnel to take part in sports coaching courses, Level 2/3 AT expeditions and Level 4 Instructor/Leader Courses as appropriate.
- Take a supporting role in Adventure Training (AT) expeditions/sports tours in the UK and abroad as required.
- Facilitate and effect access to competitive and elite sporting opportunities for motivated, talented wounded, injured and sick personnel and veterans.
- Where required, leading on or supporting National Health and Physical Wellbeing and Sports Recovery activities
- any other reasonable duties as directed by your Manager and/or Functional Lead
- A wide range of appropriate Health and Physical Development qualifications.
- A wide range of appropriate NGB Sporting and appropriate AT qualifications.
- Current First Aid Certificate (including defibrillator).
- D1E Drivers Licence.
|Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- A wide range of appropriate Health and Physical Development experience
- Computer Literate
|Desirable Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- A demonstrable record in the use and delivery of PT, Sport and AT to improve general health, develop physical fitness and to achieve recovery outcomes.
- Experience in the delivery and facilitation of Exercise, Adaptive Adventurous Training activities and Adaptive Sports
|Key Competencies & Behaviours
- Demonstrates the ability to build rapport quickly and understands needs and expectations across a wide range of teams/departments
- Displays a positive, empathetic, patient and friendly manner
- Manages challenging situations in a calm and appropriate manner
- Displays the highest levels of integrity, confidentiality and commitment
- Responds quickly to changing demands and demonstrate strong skills in prioritisation and self/time management
- Works within a range of environments and working cultures, adapting personal style accordingly
- Leads and drives work forward with minimal direction
- Analyses information quickly and communicate in a concise and articulate manner with an attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Demonstrates an ability to work as part of a team and be a flexible team player with a high level of self-motivation
- Flexible re: hours of work, including some travel, where required
|| All elements of your delivery of the Job Description must encapsulate:
Best In Class
We must remain fresh, well-informed and innovative in our approach so that we can consistently develop best-in-class support services for our WIS and their families
We must invest in our staff as it is they who will make the difference
The WIS and their families must remain the focus of everything we do
Support to families is as important as support to the WIS
We must maintain the personal touch and give the WIS and their families our personal attention
We must remain easy to access for our beneficiaries and easy to do business with for our partners and other H4H staff.
We must remain a ‘can-do’ organisation that will find a single reason to make something happen, not 100 reasons to stop it. ‘Can, not can’t; will, not won’t; why not, not why’
We must remain efficient and not bureaucratic
We must work as a team to deliver the best possible holistic support and services to our WIS and their families today and into the future, and to develop our services over time
We expect the highest standards of competence, commitment and personal conduct from H4H staff in their dealings with the WIS and their families, our partner organisations, and each other