***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Reports to: Psychological Wellbeing Team Manager
Based at: Help for Heroes, Tedworth House, Tidworth, Wiltshire, SP9 7AJ
Salary: £26,123 circa
Deadline: 03/05/2018 12:00
Job Type: Permanent
To work as part of a team providing psychological wellbeing support to our beneficiaries, including Veteran residents, day visitors and their families. The team employ a range of non-clinical therapeutic activities to promote psychological wellbeing with an emphasis on promoting mindfulness. Responsibilities range from the safeguarding screening of applicants, routine monitoring and psychological wellbeing support through to arranging crisis interventions.
- Assess the psychological health and wellbeing issues of veterans, carers and families and agree Psychological Wellbeing Support Programme with relevant MH providers.
- Support individuals (and their families or carers) to help them understand and manage their symptoms.
- Manage referrals to appropriate specialist providers in the area.
- Advocate on behalf of vulnerable individuals.
- To make safeguarding operational decisions in the absence of the manager within parameters agreed with the Centre Manager and PRU personnel.
- Assess, manage and resolve enquiries, issues and complaints to ensure first time resolution, unless further investigation is required.
- To exercise sound judgement and take decisions within established procedures.