***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***Salary: £22-23K.
CV’s to come via firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 6/2/17
To support the Communications Manager in driving awareness through traditional media and social channels, of the amazing sporting stories of our beneficiaries at both a grass roots and performance level.
- To support the Communications Manager in the delivery of day to day communications activity and on specific projects
- To generate media coverage for the Help for Heroes Sports Recovery programme
- To ensure correct messaging for Help for Heroes support to individuals and teams is translated through traditional and social media channels
- Develop relationships with media/journalists in order to generate impactful media coverage in target national, regional and consumer press outlets and across channels
- Draft engaging copy, press releases, photo call notices, photography briefs, ambassador briefs, statements and quotes
- Manage the Sports Recovery Twitter handle. Co-ordinate and work with the digital team to provide regular, relevant and engaging content for use on the H4H website and social channels
- Support on Sports Recovery related PR events including launches, photo calls & press conferences
- Assist with corporate campaigns in relation to sport
- Respond to incoming media enquiries in an effective & timely manner
- Regularly monitor the press to ensure any relevant or negative stories are flagged in a timely manner and responded to
- Proactively identify media opportunities and facilitate media visits and enquiries
- Support direct to beneficiary communications
- Keep abreast of any activity / news relevant to your area of work
- Ensure all media coverage is monitored and saved and evaluated on an ongoing basis
- Build successful working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Help communicate internally about the Help for Heroes Sports Recovery programme
- Complete first draft of weekly and monthly update reports
- Any other duties as required
Follow this link to the full job description.