***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Closing date: 16th April 2018
Reports to:Line Manager- Support Hub Manger
Functional/Clinical Manager – Veterans Clinical Advisor
Based at: Colchester – Chavasse VC House, 4 Berechurch Road, Colchester, CO2 9RQ
As the Veterans Nurse, Act as the single initial point of contact between Wounded Injured and Sick (WIS) with serious traumatic injury and the resultant long term health issues and the NHS, integrating H4H input to the medical pathway with the Recovery Centre MDT process. Where appropriate develop and coordinate a Veterans Injury Clinic alongside the NHS. Provide Clinical advice and support to the Beneficiaries their families and H4H staff.
The Veterans Nurse will be responsible to the Veterans Clinical Advisor for the assessment of clinical needs of individual beneficiaries, their case management and delivery of professional support as part of Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) working. The Veterans Nurse will be responsible to the Line Manager for day to day management.
- Establish effective working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with the regional Personnel Recovery Unit (PRUs) regarding those who may require support during and post transition.
- Reach out to serving personnel, veterans and their families, working with partner agencies, charities and other organisations.
- Provide clinical advice and support to beneficiaries their families and H4H staff.
- Liaise with the regional NHS building a strong relationship, scoping the potential to develop a Veterans Clinic.
- Support the NHS to maintain patient contact, especially with those who are hard to reach.
- Arrange and accompany beneficiaries to appointments at the Veteran War Injury Clinic in Salisbury/Colchester.
- Attend the H4H Multi-Disciplinary Team meetings.
- Maintain an active database of cases and produce monthly updates.
- As the Veterans Nurse, support patients in managing complex treatment pathways, and actively following up individual progress.
- Liaise with other medical facilities where veterans with complex injuries are being treated.
- Attend relevant regional clinical meetings such as the NHS Armed Forces Network.
- Work with a range of agencies and charities identifying any new opportunities to develop the regional services across Recovery.
- Ensure client confidentiality meeting Data Protection requirements.
- Represent the Veterans Clinical Advisor as necessary.
- Ensure CPD is up to date to maintain current Nurse registration requirements.
- Participate in regular supervision.