Now in its second year, the Heropreneurs Awards celebrate the success and entrepreneurial spirit of ex-members – and their families of the Armed Forces.
There are eleven categories recognising and rewarding the achievements of those who spent their careers protecting and caring for this country and who since leaving the Armed Forces, have gone on to successful careers outside of the military services.
Launchpad is one of three shortlisted in The Veterans’ Foundation award category, which ‘recognises an organisation or individual that has given outstanding help to veterans in need and shown entrepreneurial qualities in doing so.’
The finals will be held on 7 November at Plaisterers’ Hall in London and the winner of The Veterans’ Foundation award category will receive a grant of £20,000.
Nicholas Tubbs, Chair of Launchpad, said:
“This is wonderful news and recognition of the support we provide to our veterans in helping them make a successful transition from military to civilian life. Just to be shortlisted is a fantastic achievement – good luck to all other nominees.”
The full shortlist can be viewed here: https://heropreneurs.co.uk/2019/07/the-most-exciting-news-of-the-year/
Launchpad provides accommodation and support, with the assistance of specialist providers, to help veterans improve their wellbeing, claiming benefits, training and help with finding jobs. Last year, Launchpad supported 152 homeless and unemployed veterans in two houses in Newcastle and Liverpool.
For more information on this press release, please contact Craig Downs from Up North Communications on 0191 300 0810, 07811 287 922 or email email@example.com
Notes to Editors:
AF&V Launchpad is a registered Charity Number 1153185 and Company Number 8633047.
- For more information about Launchpad, please visit
- Launchpad welcomes donations to support its veterans, through its website
- Key partners that Launchpad work with are: Liverpool City Council, Newcastle City Council, Big Lottery, ABF The Soldiers’ Charity, Royal British Legion, Veterans’ Foundation, Forces Employment Charity, Addaction, Crisis Skylight, the NHS, SSAFA, Speke Training and Education Centre and Combat Stress, among many others.
Achievements in the last year have been as follows:
- 48% of residents settle into independent living with jobs
- 60% of residents settle into independent living, on benefits and may be looking for a job
- 25% of residents move on without significant change to their wellbeing, but all will have benefited from Launchpad’s support
- Over 400 residents have benefited from Launchpad’s services
- Launchpad won the ‘Working Together’ award in the national ‘Soldiering On Awards’ and two founders were awarded the Prime Minister’s ‘Point of Light”.
- Shortlisted for this year’s Heropreneurs Awards, award announced Autumn 2019.