The ‘Mesothelioma UK – Supporting Our Armed Forces’ project:
• Provides a specialist mesothelioma nurse, based in Southampton.
• Provides a finance and benefits advisor who can deal specifically with Armed Forces personnel and veterans.
• Will work with multiple organisations and healthcare professionals, responsible for meeting the healthcare needs of Armed Forces personnel and veterans, to raise awareness about mesothelioma and available support.
• Will develop and deliver a range of information resources to raise awareness of the disease within the Armed Forces and military personnel community.
• Includes the launch of a Facebook group specifically for the Armed Forces patients and their family and friends – www.facebook.com/groups/mesoukarmedforces.
• Has a comprehensive research programme that will collate all available data to quantify and describe the mesothelioma burden among the Armed Forces and also explore the experience of Armed Forces personnel in relation to mesothelioma.
If you’re a serving member of the Armed Forces, a veteran, mesothelioma patient, family member or carer, a member of an Armed Forces partner organisation or other party interested about finding out more about how Mesothelioma UK is supporting our Armed Forces, the treatments and care available, or for advice on benefits/compensation claims, please contact Mesothelioma UK.