Forces Children Scotland supports children and young people from serving personnel, reservist and veteran families to reach their potential and thrive. We achieve this by working collaboratively across sectors to drive improvements which reflect and support the unique challenges they face. We amplify their voices, ensuring they are heard and influence the development of policy and practice.
We support the children and young people of Scottish regular and reservist personnel as well as veterans of all arms of the British Armed Forces, who reside anywhere across the United Kingdom. We also support the children and young people of regular and reservist personnel who aren’t Scottish and are currently based or residing in Scotland.
• We create opportunities for children and young people to be heard, make new friends and get involved in lots of different, creative ways
• We give financial support in different ways for children, young people and their families including our School Children’s Fund, College & University Student’s Fund, Support in a Crisis, Family Time Break Fund, Young Carers Support
• We deliver projects and services that help support children and young people with their mental health and wellbeing and education and learning
• We provide advice and support to those who support children and young people through a programme of training, resources, research, and access to our advisory service
• We build sector partnerships to help influence change in policy and practice