***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Reports to: Head of Donations, Grants and Sponsorship
Based at: MMHQ Wantage – OX12 9TF
Working closely with the Head of Donations, Grants and Sponsorship as part of the central operations team, the Community Fundraising and Events Assistant will help to grow Mission Motorsport’s fundraising income and implement the charity’s fundraising plans, whilst supporting the operational programme. The role is responsible for overseeing and supporting the Charity’s community fundraisers, their events and campaigns, and supporting year-round fundraising activities and campaigns of the Charity. This will involve working closely with the Ops team to provide compelling content and social media material, and deliver proactive stakeholder engagement and support.
· Support the development and delivery of new fundraising products and programmes, including events and online mass participation campaigns.
· Co-ordinate existing and new innovative fundraising campaigns to raise revenue into specific funds as well as general charitable funds.
· Work closely with the Charity’s Community and Engagement Manager to promote the Charity’s fundraising activities through digital marketing, and develop Mission Motorsport’s fundraising community.
· Proactively use the Charity’s social media presence to engage with established and potential supporters.
· Lead and support online fundraising activities and events.
· Work closely with the Ops team to support events and activities, ensuring that the fundraising activities are publicised to the Charity’s partners and beneficiaries, and recognition gained to ensure their success.
· Maintain an up to date supporter database and act as the first point of contact for all community fundraisers.
· Support the Head of DGS in maintaining an effective Donor Stewardship Programme on existing key partnerships and evolving the pipeline of prospective partners with income opportunities.
· Manage the Charity’s merchandise and shop including: sales, online orders, stock levels and orders, merchandise stand at MM events, and new products.
· Act as an ambassador for Mission Motorsport, carrying out any additional tasks as directed by Head of DGS appropriate to the role and Mission Motorsport.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience
· Proven track record building and maintaining stakeholders, both internal and external.
· Proven experience of and interest in successful fundraising campaigns and events.
· MS Office competent
· Use of social media for advertising, marketing and communications
· Administrative and customer service experience.
· Experience in managing a CRM system to gather, collate and analyse customer and client information
Desirable Knowledge, Skills & Experience
· An understanding of data protection and information management protocols.
· Knowledge of the Armed Forces community.
· An interest in motorsport.
· Financial and budget management.
Key Competencies & Behaviours
· Demonstrates the ability to build a rapport quickly and to understand needs, wants and expectations.
· Enthusiastic dynamic individual with excellent interpersonal skills and analytical mind.
· Excellent attention to detail, well-developed written and oral communication skills
· Displays a positive, empathetic, patient, polite and friendly manner.
· Manages challenging situations in a calm and appropriate manner.
· Ability to remain calm under pressure.
· Displays the highest levels of integrity, confidentiality and commitment.
· Responds quickly to changing demands and demonstrates strong skills in prioritisation and time management.
· Ability to work as part of a team and be a flexible team player.
· Demonstrates self-motivation.
· Prepared to attend events throughout the UK (overtime will be compensated through Time off in Lieu. This may include occasional weekend work and nights away).
· Strong empathy with the cause of the Charity, its outcomes and impact, and beneficiaries.
· Hours per week – up to 30hrs per week over 5 days.
· Workplace Pension Scheme.
· Office based at MM HQ in Wantage.
Salary banding £24,000 – £27,000 FTE and prorated, depending on qualifications and experience.
All appointments will be subject to successful DBS and reference checks.
Candidates will be required to provide details of two referees, one of which must be current or most recent employer. References will only be requested with agreement of the candidate and not before the final stage of recruitment/ appointment process.
Applications: CV and Cover letter to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 10 November with interviews commencing w/c: 20/11/2023.