***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Based at: MMHQ Wantage – OX12 9TF
The Technical Training Manager delivers the key “Retrain” tenet of Mission Motorsport’s output by planning and delivering all technical training, developing new training initiatives, overseeing training delivery and quality assurance. All this is done against the backdrop of primary trading to ensure Mission Motorsport Training is delivered as a viable commercial entity.
• Develop, implement and deliver technical training courses.
• Oversee health and safety of the training department, including training workshop.
• Budgeting for training department, including projections, forecasting, procurement and costings.
• Manage all trainers’ hours, roles, taskings and responsibilities.
• Planning and managing the annual training calendar.
• Manage and plan learner journeys.
• Manage training staff, including training support staff.
• Responsible for the marketing and commercial development of the training department.
• Oversee the quality assurance of all technical training, carrying out quality assurance and liaising with other IQAs, EQAs and Awarding Bodies.
Essential Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
• Relevant training qualifications and credentials including:
o L3 assessor/ trainer qualification (minimum).
o L3 IQA qualification.
o L4 automotive and EV qualification or higher.
o L3 Aircon Qualification (FGAS).
• Good understanding of health and safety requirements for automotive workshop.
• Automotive industry and workshop experience.
• Experience of IQA process.
• Computer literate in MS Office.
Desirable Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience • Experience of Salesforce or similar CRM system.
• Understanding and awareness of GDPR.
• Understanding of and empathy towards the armed forces community.
• An interest in motorsport.
• Health and Safety Qualification.
• Other relevant automotive qualifications, such as Hydrogen.
Key Competencies & Behaviours
• Motivated self-starter with a commitment to beneficiary care and learner support.
• A team player, able to work collaboratively within a multifunctional team dedicated to achieving successful outcomes for beneficiaries.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong organisational and administrative skills with experience of working in a small team.
• Demonstrates the ability to build a rapport quickly and to understand needs, wants and expectations.
• Manages challenging situations in a calm and appropriate manner.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Displays the highest levels of integrity, confidentiality and commitment.
• Able to adapt to a range of environments and working cultures.
• Able to analyse information quickly and communicate in a concise and articulate manner.
• Demonstrates attention to detail in all aspects of work.
• Prepared to work flexibly and support weekend events away from home throughout the UK as required.
• Full time contract
• Workplace Pension Scheme
• Based at MM HQ and Workshop Wantage but able to deploy UK wide to support events and training delivery as required.
• All appointments will be subject to successful DBS checks and two references.
• Candidates will be required to provide details of two referees, one of which must be current or most recent employer. References will only be requested with agreement of the candidate and not before the final stage of recruitment/ appointment process.
- Apply with CV, covering letter and details of two referees to demonstrate how candidates best fit the criteria set out in JD by Friday 5 May to HR@missionmotorsport.org
- Salary band £37k – £42k depending on experience and qualification – please make sure this is included in adverts and posts.
- Interviews – 1st round week commencing 8th May; final interviews if required week commencing 15 May possibly involving presentation.
- For confidential conversation or questions about the role, please email HR@missionmotorsport.org