Thriving Lives – organised by SCiP Alliance West Midlands Hub
- Date: Tuesday 27 April from 09:00-16:00
- Location: online
This event explains the Thriving Lives Toolkit and how it can benefit the young people from military families that you work with, as well as hearing from service children role models on how their experiences in a military family has shaped their lives.
The event is open to anyone who works with military children and/or their families, regardless of the setting, and will take place on Tuesday 27 April from 09:00-16:00, but you can join at any time that is convenient for you.
There will be on-demand content available, as well as a live online chat which will be run three times throughout the event at 10:30, 12:00 and 15:00.
Thriving Lives – organised by SCiP Alliance: Southern Hub
- Date: 21 April 2021 from 09:00 to 16:00
- Location: Online
Details: The evidence-based Thriving Lives toolkit explains the 7 principles of effective support for Service children in school and provides self-reflection questions linked to further guidance, case studies and resources. At this conference you will explore the principles, reflect on your practice and plan action back in school.
The conference will cover the following themes:
- Understanding Service children’s lives and how the Alliance helps
- How schools can use the Thriving Lives Toolkit to help Service children thrive
- Who can help schools help Service children thrive, and how?
Please note that the morning will be of interest to schools across the UK. The afternoon will focus on provision in the South and so will be of particular benefit to schools in this area.
Understanding Service Children’s Lives and how the Alliance helps, and Thriving Lives Conference
- Organised by: Study Higher & Aspire Higher
- Date: 8 June 2021 from 15:45 to 16:45 / 23 June 2021 from 15:45 to 17:45
- Location: Online
Details: Aspire Higher and Study Higher bring you two online webinars on Supporting Service Children, delivered by Service Children’s Progression Alliance Oxfordshire and Central England Hub. The sessions will inform participants about the Thriving Lives Toolkit. You will hear about the seven principles of effective support, the SCiP alliance’s UK wide Hub Network and how to utilise the Thriving Lives Toolkit. The second session will explore more deeply the context of service children in Aspire Higher and Study Higher regions and allow participants to reflect on best practice.
Please note the following:
· It is advised that participants attend both sessions in order to gain the full training provided by the SCiP alliance.
· Zoom joining links for both events will be sent to registrants ahead of the conferences.
· SCiP alliance collects anonymised data from registrants for monitoring purposes to be reported to their funder. Their privacy statement can be found here.
· Understanding Service Children’s Lives and how the Alliance helps
· Tuesday 8 June 2021- 15:45-16:45
· Thriving Lives Conference: How Schools can use the Thriving Lives Toolkit to help Service Children Thrive
· Wednesday 23 June 15:45- 17:45