***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Department: Employment Services
Responsible to: Employment Services Director
Responsible for: Developing key employer accounts in the London and South East area.
Location: Reading Office with regular travel (London & South East). Home based during COVID.
Role: Full time
Start date: As soon as available
Introduction to the role:
The Officers’ Association (‘OA’) is entering an exciting period of growth. We are seeking a new Key Account Manager to join our highly effective and motivated business development team. You will support us in further exploring emerging markets, building on existing relationships and creating new, sustainable business opportunities.
Who is the Officers’ Association?
Founded in 1920 as a charity, the Officers’ Association works with commissioned officers across the British Armed Forces. We support officer job seekers as they search for and then transition into employment, and throughout their civilian careers. Through our experienced Career Consultants, we provide officers with independent career advice, access to employment events, networking, and job opportunities to enable them, and their families, to thrive outside the Armed Forces.
We work with our officer candidates who seek access to the best job opportunities in the marketplace. We partner with employers and organisations who recognise how officers skills map to different sectors, including for example, consultancy, IT, technology, cyber, logistics, engineering, telecommunications and human resources.
Responsibilities of the Key Account Manager:
The primary responsibility will be to develop strong relationships with employers and other partners to enhance the employment services offered to former officers and to build employer awareness of their significant skill set. Other responsibilities will include:
- Identify and subsequently engage with promising employers to promote the benefits of employing former officers, encouraging and supporting them to incorporate this into their recruitment strategies.
- Build an awareness of the role the OA can play in reaching the ex-officer community, in accessing networks and in supporting recruitment. Assist employers in accessing the OA’s recruitment services and networks.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the employment landscape (industry wide) and the needs of employers through research and feedback from partners.
- Use this knowledge to contribute to the design and delivery of the OA’s employer engagement programmes, its recruitment services and its career consultants’ services.
- Seek, and report, feedback from employers on the suitability and preparedness of ex-officer candidates, and on the support provided by the OA.
- Evaluate and report on the effectiveness of employer awareness activities and on the value of individual employers in supporting the employment objectives of the OA.
- Building productive relationships with new and existing employers (or as an alternative employer clients) who have the commitment and capability to enhance the employment offering we provide to job seekers.
- Developing and agreeing programmes with employers to deliver well focussed activities and initiatives in line with the overall Programme and Partnership plan.
- Coordinating or managing (as appropriate) and supporting marketing initiatives and event activities to maximise their reach and impact.
- Continually evaluate and report on the progress and effectiveness of individual accounts and employer activities, based on feedback from partners and participants.
We will develop the right person into the role if they show significant potential.
- Highly collaborative and a true team player, with the ability to engage effectively with colleagues and partners to achieve common objectives.
- Confident, outgoing personality, with the ability to develop excellent working relationships with senior managers.
- Relationship builder with the ability to identify the best opportunities for growth and quality service to our employer clients.
- Motivated self-starter with initiative and judgement to identify and develop opportunities.
- Well organised with drive and ambition.
- Strong and effective communicator – in person, over the phone, via email, and via Teams and Zoom.
- An ability to plan, manage and deliver effective programmes and activities.
- At least two years’ experience of business development, income generation, closing deals and stakeholder management
- Demonstrable experience of developing effective, sustainable and productive relationships with managers of (or within) medium sized and large organisations.
- Experience of managing the delivery of programmes and projects, ideally involving skills and knowledge transfer.
- Experience working as a Recruiter would be an advantage.
- Ex-UK Armed Forces or a good working knowledge of the UK Armed Forces desirable.
- Knowledge of Marketing and Event Management is desirable
Qualifications / Skills /Knowledge:
- Educated to degree level or good A-levels, ideally with membership of a professional body in a relevant field.
- Strong, concise and accurate written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable analytical and numeracy skills with an ability to identify trends and analyse results from projects and other activities.
- Strong IT skills: proficient user of MS Office, customer relationship management software (ideally Salesforce) and webinar packages.
- Please submit a 1 page covering letter and CV to L.email@example.com
- Closing time and date for applications is 5pm Wednesday 31 March 2021
- If you would like to have a chat about the role, please contact Laura Blair, OA Employment Director, on 07783 169718.