***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Salary: £40k for 30 hours per week worked over 4 or 5 days
Additional benefit: Up to 12% employer pension contribution
Officers Association Scotland is a military charity, established in 1920, to provide support to former military officers and their dependents based in Scotland or planning to settle in Scotland after leaving the military. While originally a welfare charity, over the years OA Scotland has developed, so that it now provides a comprehensive employment advice service along with welfare and financial support to individuals as well as grants to other charities.
The Charity is looking for an energetic, capable and motivated Chief Executive to work with the Board of Directors to take this work forwards. This is a unique opportunity, offering the successful candidate a wide ranging and extremely varied role. This is a job for a “do-er” rather than a delegator as they will have a hands-on role delivering the Charity’s employment advice service and engaging with employers to benefit clients. They will act as Company Secretary as well as managing all aspects of the charity including creating and delivering a marketing plan and overseeing budgets and finance. In addition, they will work closely with the Head of Welfare Services in Poppyscotland (our sister charity) to oversee the Charity’s welfare services. They will also create and manage the annual process for providing grants to other veterans’ organisations. They will be responsible for ensuring the Charity maintains its profile with politicians, senior service personnel and amongst veterans’ charities in Scotland as well as representing the Charity at formal and Remembrance events.
- Educated to degree level or with equivalent management experience.
- Professional qualification in advice and guidance e.g. Minimum NVQ Level 4 in Advice and Guidance, Post-graduate Certificate/Diploma in Coaching/Careers Guidance or similar.
- Please note: Candidates without these qualifications will be considered, but it will be a condition of employment that they will obtain a relevant qualification within a year of taking up post.
- Coaching skills – ability to support clients as they look for employment following their military careers.
- Experience working for a commercial organisation at a senior level.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain positive partnerships with other organisations.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Strong leadership.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Effective time management of self and team.
- Organised and methodical.
- Ability to use full suite of Microsoft Office packages.
- Flexibility as the role requires regular attendance at events outside office hours.
- Willing to travel within Scotland and occasionally within the UK.
- Able to manage websites using WordPress.
- Familiar with Linked In/Twitter and using social media.
- Marketing and business development experience.
- Event management experience.
- Experience in or knowledge of the military.
- Full clean driving licence.
- HR and recruitment experience.
The full Job Description can be found here.
Please send your application by CV and covering letter to Mary-Clare Macfarlane, Chief Executive, email@example.com by noon on Monday 25 February 2019
Interviews will be held in March (likely to be w/c 11th March) and the successful candidate will be expected to take up appointment at the beginning of June 2019.
Informal enquiries about the role can be addressed to Mary-Clare Macfarlane (email above).