***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Responsible to: Marketing Manager
Location: Mountbarrow House, London
The purpose of the Social Media Manager role at the Officers’ Association (OA) is to implement the OA’s social media strategy across all existing social media channels with the aim of building stakeholder and partner communities and driving engagement through targeted, informative and valued content. This role will build upon the capabilities already in place but will seek to improve processes and procedures for planning, delivery, measurement and reporting of activities.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic Social Media Manager to continue developing all of the charity’s social media channels as well as implementing social media strategies to boost brand visibility, grow reach and engagement, and increase conversion levels.
This role will directly support the brand’s editorial content strategy, support OA’s events increase traffic to the OA’s website as well as responding to specific campaign and communications objectives.
What we are looking for:
Key: demonstrable experience and passion as a Social Media specialist and interest in the military charitable sector.
- Expertise and experience of paid promotions across both Facebook and LinkedIn, including knowledge of how to use paid for mediums to enhance engagement and response
- An aptitude for writing and the ability to produce engaging content whilst maintaining a consistent brand voice.
- A customer-focused mind-set with the ability to manage and facilitate social media communities, develop discussions and move difficult topics offline
- An understanding of SEO and content marketing, working with the content management team across multiple channels
- Forming relationships with influencers across social media platforms
- Managing promotional competitions and campaigns
- Analysing results and reporting regularly on results
- Constantly review developments in the use of social media and analysis of its effectiveness, and incorporate such innovations in the OA’s social media strategy and practices as appropriate.
- Educated to at least A level, ideally to degree level.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing a social media strategy within an SME or charity.
- Proven experience of designing, delivering and measuring social media campaigns.
- Proven experience of the development, delivery and optimisation of paid promotion social media campaigns to achieve planned targets and ROI.
- Proven experience of developing original content which achieves engagement targets and results
For a full Job Description, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send a covering letter outlining why you are right for the role, with CV and salary expectations to: email@example.com
Salary: £30-36k depending upon experience.