Military resettlement magazine, Pathfinder International and military charity and media organisation BFBS have joined forces to become media partners for the Armed Forces Community Lockdown Awards.
The awards are an online celebration of everything achieved by the forces community within the lockdown period caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
There are six categories in total and whilst nominations were set to close on March 21, with the announcement of BFBS joining the project coupled with the vast amount of nominations already received, the deadline to nominate in any category has been extended further to Sunday March 28 2021.
The media partnership sees BFBS become sponsors of the Greatest Lockdown Achievement from the Armed Forces Community category.
The six categories in full are:
- Most Outstanding Service Personnel in Lockdown (Individual) in association with Caps Lock
- Most Outstanding Service Personnel in Lockdown (Group) in association with the Invictus Games Foundation
- Most Outstanding Veteran in Lockdown in association with Hugh James
- Most Outstanding Charitable Contribution or Gesture in Lockdown in association with Inzpire
- Most Supportive Business to the Armed Forces during Lockdown in association with Angel Call Handling
- Greatest Lockdown Achievement from the Armed Forces community in association with BFBS.
Pathfinder International editor, Mal Robinson, said:
“I am thrilled that BFBS have come on board for the awards. They are undoubtedly the major media resource for the forces community and it makes absolute sense to have an organisation of their stature showcasing the best of the military community in what has been unprecedented and testing times for us all.”
Simon Bucks CEO, BFBS, said:
“At BFBS it’s our mission to champion the amazing work of the UK armed forces. We have worked tirelessly throughout lockdown to keep our media and welfare services going for the armed forces, and to highlight the achievements of individuals and groups within the military community.
“We are delighted to be a media sponsor for these awards and to be able to showcase across our media platforms these inspiring stories of outstanding achievement in the armed forces community during the coronavirus pandemic.”
You can nominate serving personnel, units, business, charities and veterans via this link: https://pathfinderinternational.co.uk/introducing-the-armed-forces-community-lockdown-awards-in-partnership-with-hugh-james/