***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Reporting to: Head of Fundraising
Salary: £35,000 per annum 35 hrs per week
Purpose of the post
To develop, implement and evaluate the Learning Strategy and Plan. The strategy will promote excellence in learning experiences motivating and inspiring individuals, groups, and businesses to maximise volunteering and fundraising.
To manage the Learning team including the Moving Poppy outreach staff. The Moving Poppy truck will travel Scotland visiting schools and diverse communities and will include interactive exhibits, artefacts and oral histories of personal stories of military life. Not only will it interpret the heritage of the poppy but will host activities for groups to explore and share a contemporary understanding of remembrance, the nature of conflict and the poppy’s role in modern Scottish society as a symbol of unity and hope and will provide a unique and exciting opportunity to explore and promote all that the poppy stands for.
Key Skills / Qualities
• Knowledge and understanding of the Scottish education system including the Curriculum for Excellence
• Experience of managing projects with the ability to deliver multiple priorities ensuring completion within budget and deadlines
• Ideally experience of managing a team across a number of locations
• Experience of working with external stakeholders and funders such as National Lottery Heritage Funding
• Experience of managing an outreach project/vehicle would be an advantage but not essential
• Experience of the charity environment and ideally knowledge of the military.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to represent the organisation effectively to a wide range of external stakeholders and supporters.
• Strong written communication skills with the ability to create innovative and persuasive presentations and proposals to a range of audiences.
• Good financial management skills including ability to forecast and provide accurate income and expenditure detail.
• Cooperative, adaptable and flexible attitude
• Reliable and dependable with the ability to work independently using your own Initiative
• Experience of managing volunteers.
• PVG registration required
Further information and a full job description is available here. Please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 1 March.
Interviews are likely to be on 13 March.
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.