***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Poppyscotland provides life-changing support to our Armed Forces community. We reach out to those who have served, those still serving, and their families. At times of crisis and need we offer them vital practical advice, assistance and funding. Most of our funding comes from donations to the Scottish Poppy Appeal, however, we also have active supporter-led, individual giving, events and corporate fundraising programmes.
This role will contribute to the implementation and delivery of the Poppyscotland Operational Fundraising Plan by providing operational and administrative support to the Fundraising team and in particular to the Events and Regional Functions. You will deliver an excellent supporter experience at each step of the supporter journey.
- To assist with the development and delivery of designated aspects of the programme of fundraising events and activities, including production of literature, copywriting, event coordination (preparation of guest lists, mailings, notification of attendance, etc.).
- To provide support for individuals who are raising funds in aid of Poppyscotland whether through organising their own events, participating in Poppyscotland events or taking part in large scale public events
- To assist at appropriate events, providing support for attendees.
- To respond to fundraising enquiries, either by email, phone or in person and ensure all enquiries are acted upon within the requisite timescales and recorded appropriately.
- To assist, as required, with all fundraising department administration, including database input and updating, mail merging, thank you letters, requests for donations, recording of planning and procedures, photocopying and filing.
- To process daily fundraising income occasionally on the database including running daily donation and finance reports and reconciling income.
- To represent Poppyscotland in a professional way that ensures appropriate communication with all stakeholders both internal and external.
- To collect, manage and record donor data in accordance with relevant legislation and Poppyscotland policies.
- To deliver work projects against agreed performance indicators, schedules and costs.
- To work at all times within the guidelines of the Institute of Fundraising best practice.
- To provide relevant reports and information as requested by the Finance department
- To raise purchase orders, receipt goods and reconcile income reports with database
Skills & Experience
- Good Standard of School Education
- Experience working in an office based support role dealing with a variety of tasks.
- Experience in using software packages including Microsoft Office
- Full and clean driving licence is desirable
- Knowledge of ThankQ fundraising database and Mail chimp is desirable
- Experience of working in a Fundraising or Sales/Marketing Work is desirable
Further information and a full job description is available at http://www.poppyscotland.org.uk/about-us/current-vacancies/. Please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 3 October 2019.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.
Interviews are likely to be 10 October 2019 in Edinburgh.
Poppyscotland is a member of The Royal British Legion group of charities, and is a trading name of The Earl Haig Fund Scotland, Scottish Charity No SC014096. A Company limited by guarantee, Registered in Scotland No 194803 at New Haig House, Logie Green Road, Edinburgh EH7 4HR. The Royal British Legion, Haig House, 199 Borough High Street, London SE1 1AA. Charity Registration No 219279.