***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Regional Fundraiser (West) Fixed Term 13months
Poppyscotland provides life-changing support to our Armed Forces community. We reach out to those who have served, those still serving, and their families. At times of crisis and need we offer them vital practical advice, assistance and funding. Most of our funding comes from donations to the Scottish Poppy Appeal, however, we also have active supporter-led, individual giving, events and corporate fundraising programmes.
Your main responsibility will be to continue to develop, implement and grow supporter-led fundraising across the West of Scotland. A critical part of this role is also to support our volunteer Poppy Appeal Area Organisers to maximise their local appeal totals.
Key Skills / Experience
- experience of delivering regional fundraising activities
- experience of recruiting, motivating, managing and developing volunteers for fundraising activities
- experience of developing relationships across a wide range of external customers including individuals, groups and companies
- experience of using fundraising databases and spreadsheets
- excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to represent the organisation effectively to a wide range of external stakeholders and supporters with a positive and co-operative attitude
- a willingness to use initiative and take on responsibilities and challenges
- experience of managing projects ensuring completion within budget and to meet tight deadline
- strong written communication skills with the ability to create innovative and persuasive presentations and proposals to a range of audiences
- good financial management skills including ability to budget forecast and report fundraising income and expenditure
- knowledge of the local business and the military is desirable
Further information and a Job Description is available from http://www.poppyscotland.org.uk/aboutus/current–vacancies/ If you are interested in this role please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to email@example.com by Thursday 20 August 2020.
Interviews are likely to be on Friday 28 August 2020.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.