***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Permanent, full time contract, based in Leatherhead, Surrey
37 hours per week
Salary: £20,000 to 22,500 per annum, dependent upon experience
Main Purpose of the Job:
To provide effective & efficient operation of our printing and mailing departments ranging from digital print production including wide format to handling and processing of data for both mailing and fulfilment requirements. A thorough in depth knowledge of Adobe software (particularly InDesign and Illustrator); Microsoft packages (particularly Excel and Word) are all required and an understanding of building formulas, spreadsheet design, data base construction and general mail merging are essential.
A good all round knowledge of the print trade is required including paper handling and finishing processes.
Overview of the Role & Team:
This position is very hands on and working within a team of 25, consisting of 17 supported employees and 8 unsupported. The team is overseen by the manager who holds responsibility for the Leatherhead site. The team is extremely diverse in terms of adapting to the company’s ever changing demands and challenges. Based in a well-equipped modern working environment with easy access the role is a key position in the growth and success of the business.
The purpose of this role is to ensure production deadlines are always met and quality control is maintained at all levels of production. A proven track record in data processing, general print processes, print finishing knowledge and customer care is required for this job. Training and upskilling of our beneficiaries will also be required in this role so you will need to be competent in all of these areas and possess a good level of communication.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Good communication skills both within the team and with external customers
- Maximise staff resource and advise staffing levels meet requirements for print & mail activities
Communications & Reporting:
- To effectively handle the flow of information between the different stages of print production from artwork through to print, finishing and dispatch
- To effectively update stock records when required
- Following job sheet instruction and update job information where required
- Maintaining Stock Records
- Provide effective production information for management reporting and sales forecasting
- Operating digital print machinery following procedures including job sign off and proofing.
- Manage customer data and comply with GDPR and any other data regulations and company policies surrounding data processing and handling.
- Liaise with customers and colleagues to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Deliver effective information and communicate information to the relevant departments within the business
- Follow health & Safety regulations
- Provide information to customers relating to deadlines.
- Ensure stock levels are available for production requirements
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Good organisational skills
- Smart and presentable
- This role will be factory based
- You will be asked to help with other areas of production within the business when required which may include packing, assembly and mailing activities and any reasonable requests that are made to assist with the needs of the business
- You may be asked to drive company vehicle on occasions
Skills & Experience Required:
- Willingness to be flexible
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Knowledge of InDesign & other Adobe packages for artwork creation and alterations
- Good Customer Care Skills
- Good technical knowledge or print trade.
- Good knowledge of data handling, spreadsheet design and mail merging
- Good numerical and grammatical skills
- Clean Driving Licence
- Knowledge of Fiery Workstation
25 days holiday allowance + bank holidays, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
RBLI is an accredited Disability Confident Leader. We guarantee to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply for the above role under our disability confident scheme then please submit your application to email@example.com
Should you need additional support or any reasonable adjustments to support you in applying for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01622 795917
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date
CLOSING DATE: 30 June 2021