***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Part-time, permanent contract, working 30 hours per week Based in Aylesford, Kent with travel
Salary: £19-20,000 per annum, dependent upon experience
Main purpose of job:
Support the RBLI welfare team to enhance the current welfare service being offered to Service Users (SU) living on and off the RBLI village in Aylesford, Kent through the veteran support programme STEP-IN.
- Provide support to SU’s through signposting to key support areas such as the NHS, social care services and the benefits system as and when required.
- Promote and signpost SU’s to RBLI STEPIN* services and activities to promote community feel and reduce social isolation.
- Refer more complex welfare cases to other supporting agencies for consultation and resolution support.
- Deliver externally funded projects as part of STEP-IN
* STEP-IN Whatever the needs or circumstances of an individual, STEP-IN’s structured support programme is built around them. The aim is that every individual on the programme actively participates in building a better future for themselves and their family.
- Support RBLI Welfare staff to maximise STEP-IN support across the RBLI village.
- Take the lead on the day to day delivery of STEP-IN projects ensuring all areas of the project brief are covered to achieve positive outcomes for beneficiaries and funders.
- Act as an ambassador for RBLI and promote its services
- Able to identify any safeguarding issues and risks and report appropriately
- Support and signpost SU with mental health related issues
- Support SU with being able to apply for housing benefit and universal credit.
- Comply with all policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of yourself, your clients and your colleagues.
- Undertaking any other duties to achieve the purpose of the role.
- Ensure the highest level of confidentiality is maintained to ensure SU personal details are secure and safe
(locked in a secure filing system when not in use) and that personal information is not disclosed
All staff are required to:
- Show courtesy and respect to SU and relations at all times to ensure that they enjoy the highest quality of life, respect and confidentiality
- During day to day activities such as visits to SU homes, report any concerns to the appropriate services without delay
- Attend and participate in training sessions and staff meetings
- Maintain good-working relations with all colleagues at all times
- Assist in the induction of new staff
- This post is subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS)
- The role will occasionally require out of hours and weekend work
• This role will be office based with travel
Skills & Experience Required:
• A strong administrative background and experience of working in a public/ client facing role with links to the local community
• Have experience and be comfortable working with people that have Mental and physical Health issues.
• Strong knowledge of military and veterans’ networks
• Empathetic and approachable
• Exceptional levels of diplomacy and integrity
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Self-motivated, resilient and tenacious with strong team ethics
• Competent IT user (Microsoft Office and Microsoft Teams)
• Excellent verbal and written communicator
• A willingness and positive attitude towards flexibility and adaptability in work
• Full clean UK Driver’s Licence
• Willingness to network to enhance the STEPIN community reach.
• Minibus driver’s licence
• Mental Health qualification and experience in working with substance abuse.
• Working knowledge to support and signpost SU to appropriate medical and social support agencies if required
• Have experience in community-based projects.
• Have experience of controlling a small budget
RBLI offer 25 days holiday allowance per annum, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date
Closing Date: 24 December 2020