***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
We are looking for a talented and ambitious Senior Trust Fundraising Manager with proven experience in this area of fundraising to join our high performing and successful Trust Fundraising Team. The role is based on our veteran village in Kent and provides the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the life of the charity as we seek to grow our income from fundraising. The postholder will line manage our two Senior Bid Writers.
The Royal British Legion Industries has over its 104 year history been providing support to the Armed Forces community, those with disabilities and those who have found themselves unemployed.
Each part of RBLI offers a service to help veterans live an independent life with whatever support they require resulting in the successful delivery of a full-care pathway on-site to help veterans of any age or background from across the three services.
The fundraising team at RBLI was created in 2016. Since then RBLI’s projects and plans have been attractive to Trusts and Foundations generating over £1M annually. The charity has ambitious plans to double its income in the next three years and the Trust Fundraising team will make a significant contribution to this growth.
The team has a track record of securing 6-figure gifts and many multi-year commitments. This role offers the successful candidate the chance to shape this exciting fundraising programme and will be a team player, interested in the full range of RBLI’s activities. For this reason, and the contact with other colleagues and beneficiaries, the role is based in our Aylesford office.
We have ambitious plans to double our fundraising income and we are part way through this plan.
For an informal conversation about this position, please contact Louise Gibson, Director of Fundraising & Marketing on 07500 602044.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £46,000.00 per year
- Good at establishing positive relationships at all levels
- Committed to the highest standards of donor stewardship
- Supporter-focused and able to lead donor visits
- Proactive about information gathering
- Motivated to deliver ambitious income targets for the charity
- Curious and excited to identify potential sources of funding
- Entrepreneurial and motivated by new business wins
- Passion for the charity sector and social impact
- Team player
Requirements for the Role:
- Proven success of fundraising from charitable trusts, foundations and grant makers within at least one charity or non-profit organisation
- Proven experience of managing high performing teams
- Experience of successfully delivering against financial targets within specified deadlines
- Clear track record securing 6-figure, and multi-year grants
- Evidence of ability to research and identify new trust prospects and secure new business
- Evidence of ability to make creative approaches e.g. using senior stakeholder relationships or known personal interests
- Experience account managing multi-year grants and donations
- Significant knowledge and understanding of the UK grant making sector
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, evidenced in long-term relationship management as well as in high quality applications
- Ability to compile compelling and accessible applications, reports, papers and management information
- Strong IT skills (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint etc) with knowledge of fundraising/CRM databases
- Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple demands, information sources or deadlines and organising own workload
- Institute of Fundraising Certificate/Diploma
- Experience securing donations or grants towards welfare to work, unemployment schemes, homelessness, mental health, academic research, and capital campaigns.
- Significant knowledge and understanding of the welfare to work and employment policy environment, work programmes nationally, and public opinion.
- Success in securing large statutory or lottery grants
Note: This job role requires a completed DBS check before the candidate starts. The level of check required for this role is BASIC
25 days annual leave + bank holidays, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
RBLI is an accredited Disability Confident Leader. We guarantee to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like more information of how to apply for the above role under our disability confident scheme then please visit https://rbli.co.uk/disability-confident/ for more information. Alternatively please call us on 01622 795917.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date.
CLOSING DATE: 23 February 2024