***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
5 week fixed term contract, based in Erskine, Scotland, 37 hours per week
Main Purpose of the Job:
Based on recognised good practice and new, evolving ideas, develop a set of good practice guidelines for the recruitment and employment of veterans and others with disabilities/disadvantage into the mainstream job market.
To help influence good practice with selected corporate partners/customers of SBMC. To help them reflect on and develop good practice within their organisations when recruiting and employing staff but particularly those with disabilities, both physical and mental and also including the veteran population and their families who have been disadvantaged by service.
Overview of the Role & Team:
Scotland’s Bravest Manufacturing Company’s mission is to enable veterans and others with disabilities to regain their independence through personal development involving employment and skills. A social enterprise, it offers developmental employment opportunities to veterans and others with disabilities. The company, a division of RBLI, is seen as a leader in creating an inclusive and welcoming work environment.
This role is for a short term project estimated at 4 weeks duration and is funded courtesy of a grant from the Workplace Equality Fund. The outcomes from this project are measurable and, if implemented, will create a legacy of improved employment opportunity for the targeted disabled/disadvantaged population.
The successful applicant will work closely with our Veteran Welfare and Development Manager and Director to help develop and implement the project with partner organisations and in the production of the final documentation.
The team itself is a diverse group of people, but with a common aim.
Your Key Responsibilities: People
- Work with named key corporate partners/customers to assess their current processes for recruiting/retention and identify opportunities for improvement
- Work closely with our management team throughout the project: this will include: Veteran Welfare and Development Manager, Operations Manager and Director
- Work with our employees and volunteers to identify fresh ideas/build on their experiences
- Liaise with a host of support agencies including statutory and 3rd sector partners
- Produce outline plans and guidelines to implement good practice in the recruitment, employment and retention of disadvantaged groups
- Introduce these guidelines to partners and partner agencies
- Create a training programme for the delivery of best practice training/coaching within our corporate partner workplaces
- Create final document/s that can be distributed to organisations wishing to improve their employment of the targeted groups
- Adhere with all RBLI Working practices/IT Codes of conduct
- Represent Scotland’s Bravest Manufacturing Company’s interests at all times when liaising with partners and delivering our work to them.
RBLI offer 25 days holiday allowance per annum, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date
Closing Date: 4 January 2020