***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Reading Force online Book Clubs were launched in 2021. These have proved to be a popular and effective way to engage small groups of differing ages – children (juniors and seniors), spouses, serving personnel, veterans, and others – in the Forces community wanting to connect through sharing books.
To date we have helped organise clubs across the UK and overseas with over 200 members between them, by supporting volunteer coordinators to set up and run their own book clubs. The RF Book Club Ambassador will continue to support existing coordinators and manage the set up and expansion of new groups.
The current Book Club Ambassador is moving to a different role within Reading Force and will provide training and support to the new person as they take on this dynamic role.
To manage and deliver the Reading Force Book Clubs to children and adults connected to serving and veteran families, through a network of volunteer coordinators.
This is a funded role and is initially for a 6-month contract, part-time (7.5 hours a week). Continuation of the role after this period will be subject to funding availability and impact of the project.
Working hours and renumeration:
- The Book Clubs Ambassador is a funded role and is initially for a 6-month contract. Continuation of the role after this period will be subject to funding availability and impact of the project
- 7.5 hours (1 day) a week to be spread over 3 to 4 days; some flexibility on distribution of hours is possible
- Salary is £20 per hour paid monthly on PAYE basis.
- Annual leave entitlement is 6 days (including bank holidays)
- Probationary/review period is three months from starting date
- Reporting to the senior management team including the CEO/Director
Informed, proactive, collaborative, responsive, focussed, empathic.
The person taking up this position will be joining a well-established team and the role is fully supported, with ongoing access to our informal, proactive and highly committed team.
Please send a single page letter explaining why you would like the role, and what you
would bring to it, along with a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8 April 2022.
Interviews will be held online.