***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Are you passionate about raising people’s aspirations? Could you advise and motivate job seekers to upskill and or change direction to develop careers in emerging markets? Are you excited by innovation and helping people and communities thrive? Could you lead and oversee the delivery of an exciting new programme?
RFEA – The Forces Employment Charity are the chosen delivery partner for an exciting initiative created by Enterprise M3 Initiative (EM3) and funded by DWP with ESF. The programme will support Veterans, their partners and spouses, and children as part of plans to lead economic recovery in the M3 region by growing a skilled population in digital enterprises (including medical technology and gaming), sustainable construction and low carbon, and space and satellite industries. A combination of practical employment support, accredited training, corporate mentoring, and work experience is offered to participants to provide the best possible routes to accessing sustainable employment emerging technologies and peripheral sectors.
Reporting to the National Employment Projects Manager, the successful incumbent will manage, coordinate, and develop the implementation and operation of RFEA’s EM3 Armed Forces and Families Project consisting of caseworkers within EM3 Project, Skills Curriculum & Providers Liaison, Specialist Vocational Advisor and Specialist Gurkha Advisor.
- Develop and coordinate the implementation and delivery of EM3 project.
- Manage the operational relationships with the Delivery Partners.
- Create a high-performance culture committed to customer service.
- Lead and line manage the team working on our delivery of EM3 Project.
- Work to ensure that targets are met, including core and non-core activity.
- Ensure accurate delivery of reporting requirements to ESF to achieve targets as set out by the contract; work with the Chief Operating Officer and Head of Finance to generate the information required for invoices for core and non-core payments.
- Report outcomes, opportunities and risks and issues across the programme to the National Employment Project Manager in accordance with ISO 9001.
- Work with the National Employment Project Manager and the RFEA EM3 Marketing Officer to market the EM3 project to potential beneficiaries and partners.
- Oversee the development of ‘MyRFEA’ to support the digital platform requirements of the contract.
- Drive growth and promote the RFEA brand to existing and potential partner organisations and stakeholders.
- Provide RFEA with relevant Management Information to highlight need, trends, and labour market analysis.
- Demonstrable success in people development and performance management: ability to motivate and lead a remote multi-disciplinary team, working with a diverse client cohort in a complex and uncertain operating environment.
- Evidence of engaging with and influencing multiple stakeholders: excellent relationship building skills with local organisations and charities including local businesses, education and training establishments, delivery partners and charities that contribute to the strategic success of the EM3 Armed Forces and Families project.
- Proven ability to deliver outcomes in accordance with demanding performance targets.
- Expert using a mentoring / coaching approach to engage, support, and inspire individuals to change their lives; able to communicate, train, and embed this approach in the EM3 delivery team.
- Experience of working in a partnership environment to successfully deliver a partnership programme.
- Experience of developing case management guidance and procedures.
- Ability to exercise appropriate judgement and manage and mitigate risk.
- Highly developed IT skills with experience of using a CRM system (preferably Salesforce).
- Strong communicator.
- Driving licence and exclusive use of a car.
- Experience of delivering and reporting ESF contracts.
- Experience of working within the recruitment, training, employment services, welfare to work.
- Experience of working with disadvantaged groups through voluntary or paid work
- Empathy with and good understanding of ex-Forces personnel and their families and the challenges they may face.
- Experience of leadership and management within a charity or public sector procurement.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
This is a Full-Time position (35 Hours Per Week) on a fixed term contract to December 2023. The role is home based with occasional travel around the Hampshire and Surrey regions. A competitive Salary package of £35,000 per annum depending on experience including employee benefits.
To apply, please submit a Covering Letter and CV. Closing date for this position is 9 January 2022, interviews are likely to take place during week beginning 17 January for an immediate start where possible.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service checks and a Ministry of Defence security clearance, which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years