***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
RFEA are looking for a highly motivated Consultant to support ex forces personnel into civilian employment. Working on behalf of the RFEA The Forces Employment Charity, the successful applicant will have a track record of supporting individuals into employment. The applicant should have a good understanding of the challenges facing ex forces personnel, strong customer focus and be capable of working independently to targets and deadlines. Strong communication and organising skills, knowledge of the local employment market, training and adult education opportunities are essential. NVQ Level 4 in Information, Advice & Guidance is highly desirable.
- Provide employment, job finding and associated information to referred Service Veterans in the relevant regional area. This will include remote advice and guidance on career choices, personal development opportunities and preferred employment outcomes.
- Assistance with job search, advice and guidance on interview techniques, guidance in the preparation and development of a CV and advice on local networking, local training and education opportunities.
- Conduct individual needs assessment to identify any vulnerability.
- Signposting to other support including local housing, education and welfare.
- Develop and agree a personal communications plan.
- Accurately register all Veteran referrals onto the appropriate Management System within an allocated timeframe.
- Liaise with other military charities (such as Poppy Scotland) to develop, run and coordinate regional employment support schemes such as Ex-Forces Job Clubs.
- Enable the referral of Veterans personnel into wider charity support.
- Liaise with local Employment Services and Skills Councils for training, trial attachments and self-employment opportunities.
- Ensure appropriate employment, training and vocational opportunities sourced are fed into the affiliated regional Employer Relationship Manager (ERM) to ensure a seamless employer engagement approach between CTP and the Veterans space.
- Provide in-work support to ensure adequate individual employment outcomes.
- Assist the RFEA Veterans Manager with the development of the RFEA Veterans Development Strategy in accordance with the Association’s long-term plan.
- Contribute to effective marketing and promotion of the RFEA’s Veterans services.
The position is initially for 12 Months with possible options to extend beyond.