***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
RFEA are looking for a highly motivated Specialist Vocational Advisor for the South of England region to support vulnerable ex forces personnel into civilian employment. Working on behalf of the Employment Projects Team, the successful applicant will have a track record of supporting individuals with complex needs and a good understanding of the challenges facing ex forces personnel. You will have strong customer focus and be capable of working independently to targets and deadlines. Strong communication and organising skills, knowledge of the local employment market, training and adult education opportunities are essential. NVQ Level 4 in Information, Advice & Guidance is highly desirable; but not essential as training will be given.
The position is full time, 35 hours per week with a salary of £27,500 and a generous employment package. The successful applicant will be based within a reasonable commuting distance to Tidworth.
- Assess beneficiary needs, using an Outcome Star and motivational interviewing techniques.
- Make appropriate referrals to other military charities or other organisations for wider needs. This should include local activities, or peer mentoring, where social isolation is identified as an unmet need.
- Maintain the relationship with the beneficiary throughout the delivery of support to meet wider needs.
- Provide vocational diagnostics and advice to develop an Action Plan. This will be developed using our online employability tools and our understanding of the local employment market informed by the Regional Employment Bulletin and roles on Rightjob.
- Where additional motivational activities would be beneficial, organise participation in programmes such as Future for Heroes and RBLI Lifeworks.
- Identify and subsequently engage with training and Adult Education providers to identify opportunities that meet clients’ requirements in accordance with Action Plans.
- Support applications for additional grants as necessary. For RAF Benevolent Fund Housing Trust beneficiaries all grant requests will be to the RAF Benevolent Fund.
- Where confidence can be developed, or a route to employment created, provide advice and guidance for beneficiaries to obtain appropriate work experience placements, or work based training in accordance with their Action Plans.
- Support beneficiaries to develop their CVs and prepare for the job application process and interviews.
- Provide job search advice and job-brokerage using Regional Employment Bulletins, knowledge of the local employment market and RightJob.
- Ensure all SVA beneficiary employment, training and vocational opportunities sourced are provided to the regional Employer Relationship Manager (ERM), thus ensuring a joined up and integrated RFEA employer engagement approach.
- As required, provide in work or placement support to ensure client vocational outcomes are sustainable.
- Co-ordinate with the RFEA Ex-Forces Employment Advisors (Veterans) other RFEA programmes and partner charities to identify beneficiaries who would benefit from SVA case working support.
- Monitor successful employment placement success for SVA clients as a key component of overall outcomes and contribute to wider outcomes monitoring as required.
- Maintain accuracy and integrity in all interactions with the Data management system (ADAPT) ensuring timely recording of all client and employer/Organisational engagement activity.
To apply, please submit your CV and a personal statement.
The closing date is 2 January 2021 (Midnight). Interviews will take place week commending 10th January 2022 with the successful applicant starting in February 2022.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake Ministry of Defence security clearance which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for over 5 years. An Enhanced DBS disclosure will also be required.