***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Salary: £31,000 – £32,000 per year
RFEA and Walking With the Wounded (WWTW) are looking for a highly motivated and experienced project manager who is a self-starter with a good knowledge of the Armed Forces and Ex-Services charity networks and the ability to understand the challenges more vulnerable veterans have to overcome, particularly those who have entered the Criminal Justice System. This person will be home based travelling extensively around the Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire region to provide effective delivery of a new Project Nova Pathfider Project supporting veterans who have been arrested or are at risk of arrest.
Project Nova is a support programme for Veterans identified in Police Custody; it is focussed on early intervention, support and diversion at point of arrest in order to prevent re-offending and a potential prison sentence. Project Nova is jointly delivered by RFEA and WWTW and working in partnership with the NHS Liaison and Diversion Teams, Police custody suites and the community.
The successful applicant for this role will have a track record of delivering high quality project management, with a sound ability to manage small teams to provide strong customer focus whilst working independently to targets and deadlines. Strong communication, IT and organisational skills are essential along with mentoring and coaching. Experience & knowledge of the criminal justice system, local government agencies and the ability to develop a network of contacts are also required, along with a clean driving licence. NVQ Level 4 in Advice and Guidance along with a good understanding of the employment market and vocational training are highly desirable.
To plan, coordinate, integrate and operationally manage the delivery of the Nova Pathfinder Project.
Pathfinder Project Management
- Manage the Pathfinder using a Project Management approach.
- Manage the interfaces with other organisations delivering as part of the Pathfinder to ensure integrated delivery.
- Organise Project Management Meetings as required by the Pathfinder, delivering reports using a project management approach.
External Profile & Relationships
- Support the Nova National Manager to promote Project Nova in Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire.
- Lead new and existing relationships with referring organisations including the Police and NHS Liaison and Diversion.
- Support the Project Nova National Manager and Communications Managers of the RFEA and WWTW to reach potential beneficiaries, including via social media and via links with veterans’ organisations and other military charities.
- Undertake due diligence of existing and potential support network organisations to ensure that they are viable organisations that will work with the ethos of Project Nova.
- Contribute to the development of new and existing partner and funding opportunities for Project Nova locally within the counties of Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire, as needed to support the Chief Operating Officer and the Project Nova National Manager
- Ensure that the Pathfinder delivers in accordance with Case Management Guidance, Policies and Procedures.
- Continuously improve Case Management Guidance using service user feedback.
- Report outcomes, opportunities and risks and issues to the Project Nova National Manager.
- Quality assure Nova case working in the pathfinder area, including a regular review of sample of cases to understand engagement, support plans, cases in tracking and case closure every month.
- Coordinate delivery of the Programme with other RFEA services including CTP Employment and Ex-Forces programmes and with the WWTW Employment programme.
- Provide line management to Nova Coordinators and Family Support Workers in the Pathfinder Project Area.
- Provide the Nova Teams with advice and pastoral care across their delivery of Project Nova.
- Skilled Project Manager with experience of using Project Management tools and techniques.
- Excellent relationship building skills and experience of working in a partnership environment in order to successfully deliver a partnership programme.
- Proven ability at case management and delivery outcomes in accordance with demanding performance targets
- Experience of developing and continuously improving case management guidance and procedures.
- Highly developed IT skills with experience of using a CRM system.
- Strong communicator.
- Driving licence and exclusive use of a car.
- Project Management Training and Qualification.
- Experience of working with the Criminal Justice System.
- Experience of working with the Armed Forces community
This role is ‘Home Based’ around the Nottingham area and is offered initially on a one year fixed term contract, 37 hours per week with a starting salary of £31,000 rising to £32,000 after six months plus additional employee benefits.
To apply please submit a covering letter and applicable CV via CharityJob. The closing date is Friday 28th June 2019. Interviews will take place in early July for immediate start depending upon required notice periods.
Applicants will be required to undertake an Enhance DBS Disclosure and Police Vetting.