***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Royal Air Force High Wycombe/Clare Charity Centre Saunderton Buckinghamshire/RAF Central Fund Danesfield Marlow Buckinghamshire SL7 2EY (due to the location of the offices this position would be best suited to a driver).
Salary: up to £25,000.
Hours: Minimum 37.5 per week
Working as a member of the RAF Central Fund (‘the Fund’) administration team to provide support to Management to assist in the continued development of the Fund’s systems and objectives.
The Office Manager role is fundamental to ensure that the smooth operational running of the Fund is maintained whilst providing high quality administrative support to the team, Board of Trustees and Committees.
- Ensure a positive first impression of the Fund is provided by managing and monitoring staff who act as the first point of contact for all general telephone enquiries and visitors to the Fund.
- Develop and implement new administrative systems.
- Assist with the management, record and balance of the office budget.
- Responsibility for the maintenance and update of the shared team calendars, team meetings, paper and digital archives, internal information areas and office coverage across all sites.
- Assist with the liaison with external suppliers to ensure appropriate contract agreements cost efficiencies including the provision of office supplies and postal services.
- Managing the output of accurate letters, emails and producing written and statistical reports for Management as required.
- Assist with providing administrative support to the CEO and Head of Operations to include diary management, arranging internal/external meetings, making travel arrangements and drafting letters, email responses and reports.
- Provide support to all Heads of Departments.
- Provide support to the Grants team as required.
- Assist with the health and safety of employees and other visitors to the offices.
- Manage the arrangements of internal/external meetings, organise travel, accommodation and related arrangements for events/visits as required.
- Line manage the Office Assistant/apprentice.
- Line manage temporary staff.
- Responsible for ensuring weekly lottery winners are verified and notified appropriately and according to procedure.
- Management of lottery queries ensuring they are dealt with efficiently and appropriately.
- Assist the Finance Manager with Lottery reporting requirements.
- Work with the Communications and Fundraising team to ensure maximum opportunities for lottery player promotion.
- Assist with the induction of new staff members.
- Management of matters relating to the provision of IT software and equipment to the Fund and to assist the Operations Manager in project managing any significant IT projects.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the CRM database including the management and collation of information from the database, specifically required by each department.
- Support the Operations Manager with the effective management of the Fund’s properties.
- Provide support to the Operations Manager with the preparation of agendas, information packs and minutes and follow up actions for Committee and Board meetings.
- To assist in ensuring the Fund complies with all Health and Safety, Employment and other legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Deliver presentations to support the operational and marketing activities of the Fund.
- Ensure compliance with the Fund’s policies and procedures in all aspects of work.
- Ensure that records are filed and stored in accordance with Data Protection requirements.
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonable required in support of the Fund’s objectives as required and any other duties as may be identified by the Head of Operations.
- Excellent administration support skills with experience of working with senior personnel within small busy teams.
- Setting-up and managing administrative systems.
- Experience of CRM/databases.
- Excellent IT software skills, particularly Word and Excel.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of working with web-based applications.
- Ability to gather information and summarise to present to varying audiences.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently across multiple physical sites with minimal time management.
- Ability to manage a varied workload against deadlines and agreed timetables.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive information.
- Able to travel and stay away from home (with notice).
- Willing to be flexible with hours.
- Dependable and reliable, able to keep calm and productive under pressure.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Experience of working within the UK charity sector
- Understanding or experience of Society Lotteries.
- Knowledge of the Armed Forced environment.
- Office systems development.
If you have the relevant experience required and are interested in this superb opportunity, please submit your CV and a covering letter to KHansford@rafcf.org.uk.